• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLS 2015

jikastew

15 Year Member
Don't look now, but the 2015 MLS season kicks off next weekend.

I haven't paid much attention to who has gone where, so it looks like some research is in order......

And let me be the first to say that a season that goes from early March to early December is a tad too long.

There will be strike in my opinion.....Free Agency is the reason and I'm behind the players on this one.....will hurt the owners a ton not to start the season.....as far as I know only league in the world who does not have it.....

SKC kicks off the season in 30 minutes. I watched some of the Toronto game delayed. If that game is any indicator, MLS will be a different league this year. Toronto looked like they improved to another level. We'll see.

A ton of better players in the league this year. If Klins REALLY wanted to put his stamp on American Soccer, then he would push MLS to another level next year by being a spokesperson. Help convince better players to either develop here or continue their careers here. Bring in true free agency. Get our young talent on teams, promote youth systems. That's how you build a national team.

And I see Orlando is playing on artificial turf.

Orlando.

Seriously, there's no reason a place like Orlando doesn't have a natural surface. Well, for that reason alone, I don't like them. Lazy.

I just watched 2 minutes and Shea got caught asleep already.

Diskerud just planted a curling ball into the side net. Nice. Really nice.

NYFC, on the other hand, I could get behind.

Collin is sent off with a red for a devastatingly UGLY boots up diving tackle. Ex-SKC player is Collin. Single handedly screwed up the back line about 1000 times last year. I wasn't sorry to see him go.

Kaka ties it up in the 92nd minute on a free kick off a deflection. You just KNEW that when NYFC, up a man no less, continued to hack away on defense, fouling right and left, that it might burn them. Christ, up a man and STILL fouling. Kaka planted that from just 20 yards out. A foul that was completely unnecessary. Final score 1-1.

Well, you gotta love any sport that can get you riled up this much for no reason. Good game. Along with the Toronto game prior, this was a different level of game than most teams played last year. I voiced my displeasure with many games/teams last year. Poor athleticism and effort. Old mans' league, etc. Time will tell, but both games I've watched this year were a different story. Good start to the year.

Dempsey no longer the Captain in Seattle.....Brad Evens with the arm band.....interesting.....

I have long been on record that Clint is not a leader.....great player just not a leader.....

And I see Orlando is playing on artificial turf.

Orlando.

Seriously, there's no reason a place like Orlando doesn't have a natural surface. Well, for that reason alone, I don't like them. Lazy.

The Citrus Bowl is a temporary location. The stadium is used for all sorts of events from college bowl games to monster truck and motocross races. The stadium itself was built in 1936 and has a history of grass surfaces gone bad. I am sure when the soccer stadium is built it will be grass.

I have some strong opinions on the state of downtown building projects (surprise)...Buddy is an idiot.

SKC draws with NYRB.

I can say without reservation, I have just as much experience watching Besler over the past year as anyone outside of his coaches. And, also, without a doubt, he's struggling. Last year, we blamed it on fatigue. But he looked every bit as bad yesterday. Two lazy yellows and a red at 70 minutes. SKC still almost came away with a win. Besler's pathetic defense 19 yards out single-handedly gave up the goal. A beautiful goal, but Besler's fault, none the less. And somewhere along the way, he forgot that 1/2 his job, as a central back, is to distribute the ball from the back safely and effectively. Yet, just like the end of last year, all I saw was random 50 yards bombs that, at best, were 50-50 balls, but realistically, were turnovers 75% of the time. I was pissed at his play well before he drew the second yellow. He'll get to watch the next game from the sideline. And right now, that's the best place for him. I'm not sure what's going on with him. But he probably needs to watch the first 5 games on the bench and eat a healthy serving of reality, because he hurts SKC much more than he helps them.

I wouldn't put Besler anywhere close to the USMNT right now.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back