• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Standings Prediction Contest Winner Announced!

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Yes... finally... FINALLY...

Rankings/Points based on standings only (not the final tally, which includes playoff picks):

1. McJack: 45
2. CrnhskrBob: 44
3. swsschaffert: 43
3. Wonder Monds Fan: 43
5. BraskyMan: 42
5. HuskerWeatherman: 42
7. coloREDo: 39
8. Nishioka: 37
9. mjohnson: 36
10. Merle: 35
11. p-ville husker: 33
11. skerm: 33

Rankings/Points (Playoffs only, not the final tally):

1. Merle: 55
2. p-ville husker: 45
3. Glendale Husker: 35
4. Nishioka: 33
5. BraskyMan: 25
6. ColoREDo: 23
7. HuskerWeatherman: 20
7. McJack: 20
7. mjohnson: 20
7. swsschaffert: 20
7. Wonder Monds Fan: 20
12. CrnhskrBob: 15
12. skerm: 15

Last edited:
So Merle's playoff showing elevates him to 90 points and first place?

Last edited:
Overall Standings:

1. Merle: 90
2. p-ville husker: 78
3. Nishioka: 70
4. BraskyMan: 67
5. Glendale Husker: 66
6. McJack: 65
7. swsschaffert: 63
7. Wonder Monds Fan: 63
9. coloREDo: 62
9. HuskerWeatherman: 62
11. CrnhskrBob: 59
12. mjohnson: 56
13. skerm: 48

Congratulations to Merle! Obviously, the difference was in nailing the World Series Champions, St. Louis Cardinal. The bold pick did it. :)

This does make me wonder -- if I do this again (big if) -- maybe I put too much weight on the later rounds of the playoffs. I will have to ponder this... but given the rules, as stated prior to the contest, Merle is the worthy champion.

I think McJack is silver medal worthy -- for having the best picks on the division standings.

Last edited:

There is no doubt I won because of my pick of the Cards for the WS winner. Honestly, that had more to do with my heart than with my baseball analytical expertise. i saw numerous entries in this contest where people picked the utlimate winner with their heart. I would agree that more emphasis should be placed with the contestant's choice of division winners, etc., wild card entrants, etc. I know I missed badly on division winners, etc., including the Cards. I had them as a division winner, not a wild card entrant.

I accept the trophy, but I agree new rules are in order for determining the champ.

There is no doubt I won because of my pick of the Cards for the WS winner. Honestly, that had more to do with my heart than with my baseball analytical expertise. i saw numerous entries in this contest where people picked the utlimate winner with their heart. I would agree that more emphasis should be placed with the contestant's choice of division winners, etc., wild card entrants, etc. I know I missed badly on division winners, etc., including the Cards. I had them as a division winner, not a wild card entrant.

I accept the trophy, but I agree new rules are in order for determining the champ.

nice words, merle! :)

actually, i didn't even pick completely with my heart... i didn't have the phillies in the world series (sadly, they fell far short of that -- thanks to your cards).

The Cards were, indeed, lucky to qualify as the wild card. Thanks to the Braves' collapse, and a special thanks to the Phillies for thwacking the Braves at season's end. But, once they got there, they won it fair and square, even though they had the home field disadvantage in each series. They were no luckier than the Phillies, Brewers or Rangers. I will not let you get under my skin.:Biggrin:
As I teeter unsurely toward my 79th birthday in the first week of January, I have a new outlook on life, and that is: "Be kind to your inferiors". :Biggrin::Biggrin::Biggrin:

Last edited:
The Cards were, indeed, lucky to qualify as the wild card. Thanks to the Braves' collapse, and a special thanks to the Phillies for thwacking the Braves at season's end. But, once they got there, they won it fair and square, even though they had the home field disadvantage in each series. They were no luckier than the Phillies, Brewers or Rangers. I will not let you get under my skin.:Biggrin:
As I teeter unsurely toward my 79th birthday in the first week of January, I have a new outlook on life, and that is: "Be kind to your inferiors". :Biggrin::Biggrin::Biggrin:

Yep. While there was some degree of luck in making the playoffs, to win it all takes anything but luck. When playing multiple 5 and especially 7-game series, the better team is almost always going to win. I have no problems with St. Louis winning the World Series -- they flat-out earned it.

Winning the regular season is the only thing that matters.

- Signed, the 2001 Seattle Mariners :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back