• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

Phillies now out, Nationals clinch wildcard and remain one game up on Brewers for home field. Cubs are 1 game from being done I think.

Phillies now out, Nationals clinch wildcard and remain one game up on Brewers for home field. Cubs are 1 game from being done I think.
Yes the Cubs are 1 game from elimination (and a complete roster blow-up). And so are the Mets thank goodness.

Maybe most of the national power ranking publications can finally move the Brewers ahead of the Cubs and Mets!

Twins edged NYY for the mlb season homerun record by one, 307 to 306. Hopefully they can also flip the script on their despicable playoff record against them when they meet on Friday.

Braves didn't end the season super hot, but I still pick them over the Cardinals. It is counter-intuitive, but I would prefer to play the Cardinals as opposed to a super hungry, and almost universally hot team that wins the one game play in. Sometimes having the best record is not the ideal position to be in bracket wise.

Edit: It was disappointing to see the Braves shut Ronald down so close to a 40/40 season. Hopefully he is fully healed and ready for the NLDS.

Last edited:
Oh man 3 game 5's today. I think all the higher seeded teams get the job done, but anything can happen in October baseball.

Braves REALLY need Freeman to regain his midseason form. If they lose they will have no one to blame but themselves. They've had tons of opportunities that they didn't even marginally capitalize on.

Oh man 3 game 5's today. I think all the higher seeded teams get the job done, but anything can happen in October baseball.

Braves REALLY need Freeman to regain his midseason form. If they lose they will have no one to blame but themselves. They've had tons of opportunities that they didn't even marginally capitalize on.
The same can be said for the Cardinals. Cardinals need Fowler to get going at the top of the order. Anyway, that has been the best series so far this entire post-season with the Dodgers/Nationals series next in line.

You'll have to wait until tomorrow for the Astros/Rays. ;)

Alot of tension in the next two days. Even with Cole starting anything can happen. I hate you Yankees.

#$%&!!!!! I #$%&1* hate the Cardinals!!11!!oneone Why, God? Why?

That is all. Baseball season is dead to me now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back