• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

I remember general admission was less than $5 a ticket.
When I was a kid, went to Seals Stadium in San Francisco on Saturdays a lot. The cost of the bleachers on Saturday?
9 cents!

Yeah, that was back in the mid 40's!! ;) When the Giants came to town, prices did go up, for sure. Can't remember how much.

Last edited:
Oh, before I forget, my Giants totally tanked!!! Sorry hitting and more sorry pitching. This guy Beede? Dump him!! :(

Not many teams have a quality bullpen. I ripped on the Phillies pen enough that I finally gave up. But the Cubs relievers -- what a disaster. And about time Harper did something even remotely close to earning his pay.

Friggin' bomb!!!! I saw it on tv, live!! No matter if you like his demeanor or not, this kid is loaded with power and talent!!

That's the best part! :Rolf:
At first, I thought the 1b goofed, but no one could have gotten him out; it was the perfect single!! :)

How are you, katymac? :Wave:
Great bob. Bring on the huskers in Colorado this weekend! I'm going back for the Northwestern game.

Well the Braves aren't running away with the division like I thought they would, but the Nationals aren't making up any ground because both clubs keep winning. These late season series with Washington are going to be fun.

I continue to believe that Freddie Freeman is the least recognized player in MLB (Rendon gives him a run for his money). Freddie is insanely good, but everyone focuses on Yelich and Bellinger.

Also don't look now, but the Braves are making up considerable ground on the Dodgers for the best record in the senior circuit.

Braves take 3 out of 4 from Washington. I think that pretty well locks up the NL East for the Braves 2 years in a row. The Nationals are my pick for the 1st WC spot and it is entirely possible that the Phillies snatch the second. Although the Cubs and DBacks might have something to say about that. Maybe even the Mets.

Braves take 3 out of 4 from Washington. I think that pretty well locks up the NL East for the Braves 2 years in a row. The Nationals are my pick for the 1st WC spot and it is entirely possible that the Phillies snatch the second. Although the Cubs and DBacks might have something to say about that. Maybe even the Mets.
I'm not a Brewers fan, but of the 20 games they have left 3 are against the Cardinals. The other 17 are series against the 5 worst teams in the NL. Don't count them out.

I'm not a Brewers fan, but of the 20 games they have left 3 are against the Cardinals. The other 17 are series against the 5 worst teams in the NL. Don't count them out.
I am a Brewer fan and ...

Brewers with11 games to go are tied with the Cubs for WC2 … they are 2 games in back of St. Louis for the Central and trail Washington by 1-1/2 games for WC1.

They have 2 more against San Diego, 3 at home versus Pittsburgh and then finish on the road with 3 against Cincinnati and 3 against Colorado. All teams with losing records.

Conversely the Cubs and Cardinals play 7 against each other starting this weekend.

Braves take 3 out of 4 from Washington. I think that pretty well locks up the NL East for the Braves 2 years in a row. The Nationals are my pick for the 1st WC spot and it is entirely possible that the Phillies snatch the second. Although the Cubs and D-Backs might have something to say about that. Maybe even the Mets.
D-Backs are virtually out of the playoff … 5-1/2 out with 10 to go.
Phillies are close to being out … 4 with 13 to go
Mets, the media favorite, who someone have a higher playoff probability than the Brewers, are 4 out with 11 to go

The Mets finish on the road at Cincy and at home against Miami (4) and Atlanta (3).

I am a Brewer fan and ...

Brewers with11 games to go are tied with the Cubs for WC2 … they are 2 games in back of St. Louis for the Central and trail Washington by 1-1/2 games for WC1.

They have 2 more against San Diego, 3 at home versus Pittsburgh and then finish on the road with 3 against Cincinnati and 3 against Colorado. All teams with losing records.

Conversely the Cubs and Cardinals play 7 against each other starting this weekend.
The ending schedule sets up well for the Brewers.

Astros now have 100 wins three years in a row. 1 of 6 team's all time. Almost time for the playoffs

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back