• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

Well the Braves aren't (yet?) running away with the division which I thought would happen, and the injury bug has sure caught them as 3 everyday starters are currently on the IL with no return date, two of which are done for the season. The relievers they traded for are absolutely getting mashed on, but all those problems have seen them maintain their 6.5 game lead in the Division. This series against the scalding hot Mets is crucial. September baseball will soon be upon us.

See https://www.espn.com/mlb/standings

I don't make sense at all. My Twins received 98.8% in POFF column (playoff) yet Cleveland, Tampa Bay and Oakland are only 2 games behind (wild card). Even Red Sox is 6 games behind. Lots of games remaining. Please explain :Confused:

BTW, Royals and some more teams got 0.1% playoff chance. In reality 0.0% .....

Last edited:

Not many teams have a quality bullpen. I ripped on the Phillies pen enough that I finally gave up. But the Cubs relievers -- what a disaster. And about time Harper did something even remotely close to earning his pay.

ONE home run ...... $1,000,000 earns. Out of control MLB salaries. And NBA too.

ONE home run ...... $1,000,000 earns. Out of control MLB salaries. And NBA too.

While I agree that Harper has underachieved, professional sports salaries are what the market deems worthy. The money is there -- so you pay them. And they money is there because the fans invest. I suppose the owners could just keep a larger share of it and become another level of billionaires than they already are. :)

While I agree that Harper has underachieved, professional sports salaries are what the market deems worthy. The money is there -- so you pay them. And they money is there because the fans invest. I suppose the owners could just keep a larger share of it and become another level of billionaires than they already are. :)
I remember general admission was less than $5 a ticket.

Not many teams have a quality bullpen. I ripped on the Phillies pen enough that I finally gave up. But the Cubs relievers -- what a disaster. And about time Harper did something even remotely close to earning his pay.

I loved that hit! Speaking of blown saves...

I just checked -- there's hundreds of tickets available at $10 a seat for the next Royals home game.
Yeah, I tried to purchase online ticket (VIVIDSEATS). Rangers-Twins game last week. Only $17 reserved seat ...... pretty good seats. But unfortunately, need a smartphone to gain entry (for some reason). Myself, yet to purchase smartphone gadget. I know, I'm old .......

Twins now have 8 players with 20 homers, new MLB record

Edit: Twins tack on some more and set the team season HR record.

Too bad their pitching isn't good enough to make any sort of serious playoff run I don't think, but it has been a fun season to watch.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back