• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

Braves up by 6.5 games and the Phillies tumble to third place in the division. I think ATL runs away with the division, but I don't see enough pitching depth to truly contend in post season.

Soroka got lit up in the first. The back end of the rotation and the bullpen scare me. We may run away with the division but it will be on the back of a crap ton of double digit scoring games.

Soroka got lit up in the first. The back end of the rotation and the bullpen scare me. We may run away with the division but it will be on the back of a crap ton of double digit scoring games.
One more starter would make me feel much better. Everyone could always use bullpen help. There's no holes in the lineup currently, and we'll obviously be buyers at the deadline. I just dont see the Braves sending too much away because we're still early in terms of when this rebuild was supposed to pay dividends.

One more starter would make me feel much better. Everyone could always use bullpen help. There's no holes in the lineup currently, and we'll obviously be buyers at the deadline. I just dont see the Braves sending too much away because we're still early in terms of when this rebuild was supposed to pay dividends.
Agreed and the Braves still have some young arms coming up in farm system. I definitely don't want to leverage the future for one season.

I bet the Tigers deal Shane Greene and the Bluejays deal Stroman. Yankees are going to just outbid everyone for the best available players at the trade deadline. They have already tried to to get the Nats to give up Max and I bet they are working behind the scenes to get Bumgarner. If they get either one plus Greene it’s over, not even the Dodgers will have a chance.

I bet the Tigers deal Shane Greene and the Bluejays deal Stroman. Yankees are going to just outbid everyone for the best available players at the trade deadline. They have already tried to to get the Nats to give up Max and I bet they are working behind the scenes to get Bumgarner. If they get either one plus Greene it’s over, not even the Dodgers will have a chance.
Dodgers have the best team in baseball at the moment. Dodgers aren't going to stand pat either ... if they add some bullpen help especially near the back end they will be unstoppable. Yanks have to get through Houston to win the ALCS. Dodgers could sleep walk their way to get to the World Series at the moment.

Saturday July 13

Max Kepler (Twins) had 5 homers in 5 straight at bats against pitcher Trevor Bauer (Indians). Almost 6 in a row .... hit a deep foul ball into the upper deck.

Obviously Kepler has Bauer's number. Bauer stats ..... respectfully 3.61 ERA.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27183735/kepler-homers-five-straight-bats-vs-bauer

Full name, Maximilian Kepler-Różycki. Import ... not Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Venezuela, Mexico, Canada, Korea and Japan but Berlin Germany birthplace. He played for Germany professional baseball.

Last edited:
Dodgers have the best team in baseball at the moment ......
Not true. Minor League teams ala National League occasionally beat a powerful America League teams in World Series but very very rare. Same thing as All-Star game results ..... AL won 8 years in a row (and counting)

:Sarcasm: (or not)

Nationals starting pitchers have now gone 27 consecutive games without a loss, longest streak since the 1917 New York Giants, who also went 27 games. That’s incredible. Strengthen the bullpen at the trade deadline and good things could happen.

Tomorrow at two o'clock we will find out who spends the most to get to the world series. Astros need more pitching just like everyone else.

Greinke will work.

You bet. Looking really good to go all the way. When Chirinos is your number 9 hitter you're in good shape. Too bad nobody but Astros fans or true baseball diehards see them play. What a fun team to watch; they do it all. Golden age of Houston Astros and I saw all the great pitchers of the late 70s and 80s we had.

Agree, Astros have a 3-4 year chance to win the world series. I'm very excited, going to the park is a lot of fun.

This is great - Kela gets the biggest suspension - 10 games for a reliever is big time. and they suspended Hurdle for his team's conduct - even though he did not get involved in the fight. I was worried that MLB would not punish the Pirates for generally being d-irt bags and just hand out suspensions for the fight
EA6FYWCXoAA3qKh

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back