• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

How bout them Braves. Sweeping the Cubbies. Going to be a fun team to watch.

ATL is definitely in the mix. But -- I'm not sure that sweeping the Cubs means all that much anymore. I posted a link several weeks ago that gave a thorough analysis about how the Cubs screwed the pooch and allowed their window of opportunity to close. Chicago should thank the lowly Reds -- as that may very well be the only team that stays between the Cubs and the cellar this season.

Last edited:

Hey @HuskerWeatherman , if the Phillies closers continue to be garbage, do you think they go the Kimbrel route?

As an owner of Kimbrel and Dominguez in the Max FBL, I hope they do so I can use Kimbrel and drop Dominguez.

Hey @HuskerWeatherman , if the Phillies closers continue to be garbage, do you think they go the Kimbrel route?

As an owner of Kimbrel and Dominguez in the Max FBL, I hope they do so I can use Kimbrel and drop Dominguez.

Philly definitely has the money to spend. And it was clear going into this season that they were minus a true closer. They haven't been garbage -- but also far from good. Statistically, exactly in the middle for relievers in the NL. I believe the Phillies have only had one save opportunity all season (maybe it is two, after Neris got a save today).

No clue with Kimbrel. I heard that in the offseason. More recently, I have heard Milwaukee -- which makes no sense, as they have a stud closing currently in Hader (who I own). I'm sure there's more than a couple teams with interest in Kimbrel. I would like if the Phillies snagged him. But otherwise, I don't know if that's a current rumor or not.

Last edited:

Philly definitely has the money to spend. And it was clear going into this season that they were minus a true closer. They haven't been garbage -- but also far from good. Statistically, exactly in the middle for relievers in the NL. I believe the Phillies have only had one save opportunity all season (maybe it is two, after Neris got a save today).

No clue with Kimbrel. I heard that in the offseason. More recently, I have heard Milwaukee -- which makes no sense, as they have a stud closing currently in Hader (who I own). I'm sure there's more than a couple teams with interest in Kimbrel. I would like if the Phillies snagged him. But otherwise, I don't know if that's a current rumor or not.
Phillies bullpen might be middle of the pack but their closers are Robertson (12.00ERA) and Dominguez (15.43 ERA). That garbage is on fire. I have been following Dominguez since I own him and its said that he has lost almost 2mph on his fastball.

Milwaukee doesn't have the money to spend on Kimbrel. Thats why that fell apart. Braves have been a possibility as well but nothing has happened. The Cards and Cubs are having issues too but I am not sure what their money situations are.

He might end up back with the Red Sox.

Last edited:
Phillies bullpen might be middle of the pack but their closers are Robertson (12.00ERA) and Dominguez (15.43 ERA). That garbage is on fire. I have been following Dominguez since I own him and its said that he has lost almost 2mph on his fastball.

Milwaukee doesn't have the money to spend on Kimbrel. Thats why that fell apart. Braves have been a possibility as well but nothing has happened. The Cards and Cubs are having issues too but I am not sure what their money situations are.

I believe Robertson's ERA is under 10.00 -- but, not like that makes any difference. I don't believe they want to use Robertson as a closer. Dominguez, as you know, is "supposed" to be the guy. He was the primary closer last season after being called up. And he was pretty good in 2018. I'm not sure if the Phillies are ready to give up on him. His first outing (non-closer situation) was great. Second was so-so. Third appearance was a disaster. Obviously, it's very easy for any pitcher -- especially a reliever -- to have an over-inflated ERA less than two weeks into the season. But it seems the Phillies are experimenting with all of their relievers -- so I don't really have a clue what will happen.

For what it's worth I don't think the Braves will sign Kimbrel. He wants too many years and too much money for the Braves taste. At least that's what I've been reading. However, on the other hand if the Braves bullpen were middle of the pack they would likely already have a couple more wins under their belt, so the need is definitely there.

Chris Davis extended his now new MLB record tonight. 49 consecutive at-bats without a hit.

This after hitting .168 last season -- worst batting average in MLB history for a qualified player.

One of the worst contracts in the history of sports.

Cards outscored the Dodgers 26-12 in a four game sweep...to get back into a tie with the Brewers for 1st in the Central.

Mariners have already hit 36 HRs in 15 games this year.

The Royals lead the league in triples with 7. Woot! o_O

The Braves will have a pitching carousel for the back end of the rotation and bullpen spots. They have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to pitchers and they aren't afraid to make spots on the big league roster by moving pitchers down to triple A. I expect them to have growing pains, but also to have bright spots too. Good news is that the Braves offense should be able to give the rotation some cushion in a lot of games.

Also Craig Kimbrel remains unsigned... somebody somewhere can use a slam the door shut closer.

After getting swept by the Dbacks, losing multiple games they shouldn't have, the Braves steal a series from the Tribe and are a game out of first place in the East. Also if Donaldson keeps swinging the bat the way he is lookout because the lineup doesn't have any holes until the 8 hole, and Inciarte isn't totally incapable with the bat.

My brother lives in Scottsdale, so I always follow them. Nice team. My stros are playing descent so far, I really like their bullpen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back