• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

There is something electric about opening day in baseball. I am excited for it every year.

Much of the time the fact that the Royals aren't double digit games back is a huge factor.

It has always been the best opening day in sports. There really isn't another sport that celebrates opening day like baseball. Some of it is probably the seasonal connection. Baseball's opening day aligns fairly well with the start of spring -- and the idea of rebirth -- both in plant life and baseball hopes.

I think everyone can agree that the best thing that happened on opening day is that Harper went hitless in his Phillies debut.

In all seriousness it will be a fun season and having a great race in the division will make every game that much more important. Can't wait. Also yesterday it was warm enough to cruise with the windows down and now there is 6 inches of super wet snow on the ground... God Bless Nebraska

So tired of all of the shifting. Half the time it gets burned anyway. Martinez just gave up 2 runs in the 1st strictly because of the shift. #Moron

So tired of all of the shifting. Half the time it gets burned anyway. Martinez just gave up 2 runs in the 1st strictly because of the shift. #Moron
I think hitters are starting to adjust to it. Pure swingers won't be able to. I wouldn't say that it gets burned half the time but more than it used to for sure. I have no problem forcing hitters to be hitters instead of pulling everything like they are used to.

One of the independent minor leagues is adopting a rule that forces two infielders on each side of the diamond as an experimental rule this season.

Harper with his first homer as a Phillie today! 465ft, which is apparently his second-longest ever.

As expected, the Phillies bats are bludgeoning the opposition. There isn't a weak spot, 1 through 8, in the lineup.

Harper with his first homer as a Phillie today! 465ft, which is apparently his second-longest ever.

As expected, the Phillies bats are bludgeoning the opposition. There isn't a weak spot, 1 through 8, in the lineup.
If they could find a replacement for Herrera they would be a murderers row.

I think hitters are starting to adjust to it. Pure swingers won't be able to. I wouldn't say that it gets burned half the time but more than it used to for sure. I have no problem forcing hitters to be hitters instead of pulling everything like they are used to.

One of the independent minor leagues is adopting a rule that forces two infielders on each side of the diamond as an experimental rule this season.

Yeah, I hate that rule. Shifts are part of the game. I think hitters are adjusting. I also think managers outthink themselves a lot.

That was a bomb!

They will definately have to outslug teams in a lot of games. As long as Hoskins is healthy, they will be fine. Just watching Harper over the years in Washington, it’s pretty easy to get in his head. Joe Maddon used to mess with him so bad.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back