• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

Saw an interesting stat tonight. Major league batters have 223 more strikeouts than hits. There has never been a season where there were more strikeouts than hits...ever.

The Braves realistically need some rotation help and a couple of bullpen arms. Offensively they produce enough to win most games. A lot of people are complaining that Dansby Swanson is performing so poorly at the plate that he might not make the roster next year, let alone be an everyday starter, however his glove is outstanding and .250 out of a shortstop who is a tough out all the time, I believe I saw a stat that is near the league leader in 9+ pitch at bats.

This is all to say that the Braves are still very much a threat to win the division and could make some noise but they need serious help to be a legit contender this year.

The Phillies offensive stats are mostly worse than they were at the break last season. Yet they are 20 games better.

I actually think they are looking to upgrade pitching more than hitting -- especially the pen and maybe one starting pitcher.

The Phillies offensive stats are mostly worse than they were at the break last season. Yet they are 20 games better.

I actually think they are looking to upgrade pitching more than hitting -- especially the pen and maybe one starting pitcher.

The Phillies seem to be vastly overperforming where the rest of their stats suggest they should be in the W/L column. With baseball being such a long season statistically they should cool off, however, there's a reason that they play the games instead of leaving it up to mathematics and probabilities. That said, I sure wouldn't mind if the Phils dropped a few series, relinquished first, and gave the Braves some breathing room in the division. It's gonna be a battle all the way through I'm sure and those couple series to close out the regular season are going to feel like postseason baseball. I can't wait.

The Braves realistically need some rotation help and a couple of bullpen arms. Offensively they produce enough to win most games. A lot of people are complaining that Dansby Swanson is performing so poorly at the plate that he might not make the roster next year, let alone be an everyday starter, however his glove is outstanding and .250 out of a shortstop who is a tough out all the time, I believe I saw a stat that is near the league leader in 9+ pitch at bats.

This is all to say that the Braves are still very much a threat to win the division and could make some noise but they need serious help to be a legit contender this year.
If we can just upgrade our bullpen and get more consistency from it, I think that'll go a long way to shore things up. I think that could also help the rotation by easing the pressure on them trying too hard to be their best at all times before turning the game over to the pen. Hope that makes sense.

I think it’s the new swing style.
One of the few positive things about the Royals is that they don't strike out a lot. Only Pittsburgh has fewer strikeouts than KC.

Its amazing that San Diego has the most. You would think that having a pitcher friendly park would have them looking for contact hitters. :confused:

One of the few positive things about the Royals is that they don't strike out a lot. Only Pittsburgh has fewer strikeouts than KC.

Its amazing that San Diego has the most. You would think that having a pitcher friendly park would have them looking for contact hitters. :confused:

Hosmer leads the way with 92 K's. His career most in a single season is 132. He'll destroy that this season. Bad season for Hosmer all around.

The Phillies-Dodgers play a 3-game series in Philadelphia starting tonight. Should be an interesting matchup! Emotional series as well, as this will be Chase Utley's final performance in Philadelphia (minus any possible playoff matchup). Utley is going to be cheered loudly with every AB.

Also an opportunity for the Braves to catch the Phillies, as ATL will be playing lowly Miami.

Last edited:
The Phillies-Dodgers play a 3-game series in Philadelphia starting tonight. Should be an interesting matchup! Emotional series as well, as this will be Chase Utley's final performance in Philadelphia (minus any possible playoff matchup). Utley is going to be cheered loudly with every AB.
He should do a cheap slide that takes a Phillie middle-infielder out for the season for old time sake. ;)

Dropping Hosmer for Franco three weeks ago is looking really good for my fantasy team. :thumbsup:

And the Braves retake first in the East. That division is going to be a battle the whole way though. This Braves team is so fun to watch. Other teams might win more but nobody is as consistently fun to watch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back