• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
So as not to sidetrack the Royals thread more than I already have, here's a general baseball thread. :)

I'll begin it with this fine Joey Votto tribute post. lol. Votto is awesome. It's a shame he's trapped with a crappy franchise.

My Marlins are a whopping 20 - 36, soon to be 20 - 37....WooHooo

My other team, the Dodgers, are a whopping 26 - 30 and are tied with the Rockies 5 - 5 at the moment..... Here's to the college football season, coming soon...... :Corn2:

Altuve is chasing 400 on the road, He is hitting 415 so far on the road. I know it's early but with his speed he could get cloce. Again just on the road. Strange that he can't hit as well at home.

Shohei Ohtani's rookie season is likely over.

ESPN's Pedro Gomez reported early Monday morning the Los Angeles Angels expect Ohtani to undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the remainder of the 2018 season and the entire 2019 season.

"Everything I'm hearing is that the reality is, he probably will need Tommy John surgery. ... The earliest we might see him, should he have TJ surgery, would be the 2020 season."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
My inaugural fantasy baseball team continues to be under a black cloud.:(

Last edited:

The Braves continue to keep winning sooner than I (most)thought they would. They have multiple All-Stars and Freeman is firmly in the MVP race. This has led me to getting MLB.TV.

I'm anti-Braves ... for two reasons:

1. I lived in Philadelphia 12 years and became a huge Phillies fan.
2. My brother-in-law is a huge Braves fan -- really only because Ted Turner made them a cable TV staple. I give him crap about that all the time -- "Dude, you never even lived anywhere near ATL!"

But they are a tremendous story.

2. My brother-in-law is a huge Braves fan -- really only because Ted Turner made them a cable TV staple. I give him crap about that all the time -- "Dude, you never even lived anywhere near ATL!"

That's the reason I'm a Braves fan. Grew up during the 90's, and I've been a fan ever since. I'm no phillies fan, but at least we can both root against the Nats.

I'm hoping the Braves can hold on to the division this year and with Strasburg's injury it seems possible.

Just curious, at what age did you move to Philly?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back