• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Playoffs Thread

pain.............................................

why must i be a sports fan?! ugh!

the darn cardinals (no reason to hate 'em, other than they beat my phillies).... reminds me of the '06 st. louis team... backdoored their way into the playoffs and now must be considered quite dangerous. the better team won this series.

i cannot believe the season is over for me! :( i'm basically speechless.

I felt it appropriate to wait a while before posting. Needless to say, I am ecstatic! But, I have always resented today's playoff systems in major league sports. Teams who couldn't get it done during the regular season are given another chance. HWM is correct, at this point in time, the Cards were the better team. But that ignores the long season.

BTW, when he is on, Chris Carpenter is second to none!

Last edited:

When I was a young boy and then young man, the American league and the National league consisited of 8 teams each. The eventual regular season winner of each league played in the World Series. Win your league, and you didn't have to enter into playoffs against teams that you had already bested during the regular season.

When my 88 year old Dad was growing up in Western Nebraska, in the 20's and 30's, The Cardinals were the only team who's games they could get on radio. To this day, my Dad is a Cardinal fan.

I felt it appropriate to wait a while before posting. Needless to say, I am ecstatic! But, I have always resented today's playoff systems in major league sports. Teams who couldn't get it done during the regular season are given another chance. HWM is correct, at this point in time, the Cards were the better team. But that ignores the long season.

BTW, when he is on, Chris Carpenter is second to none!

they are going to do it again, merle! it's 2006 all over! amazing. hats off to La Russa -- he truly knows how to get the most out his team when it counts.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back