• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Draft

Tweet on the OWH indicating Harrison and the Brewers have come to terms on a $1.8 contract. Not surprising if true. And might as well get it over with. (Edit: Now confirmed).

Is anyone else surprised Sinclair hasn't gone yet (through 34 rounds)?

Last edited:
Just a summary:

*-Monte Harrison | Round 2 (Milwaukee Brewers)

x-Jakson Reetz | Round 3 (Washington Nationals)

y-Pat Kelly | Round 12 (Minnesota Twins)

y-Aaron Bummer | Round 19 (Chicago White Sox)

z-Zach Hirsch | Round 19 (Milwaukee Brewers)

x-Luis Alvarado | Round 33 (Boston Red Sox)

x-Garett King | Round 36 (New York Mets)

*-signed with the Brewers on Saturday

x-2014-15 recruit

y-draft eligible junior

z-out of college eligibility

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/baseball/huskers-drafted-by-twins-white-sox-brewers/article_21efc8b1-41ad-5921-b1e4-30ecf227e856.html

Tweet on the OWH indicating Harrison and the Brewers have come to terms on a $1.8 contract. Not surprising if true. And might as well get it over with. (Edit: Now confirmed).

Is anyone else surprised Sinclair hasn't gone yet (through 34 rounds)?

Yes, I am! He was eligible wasn't he?

From an admittedly selfish fan's perspective, the draft went about as well as it could have. Likely we will lose only Kelly and Bummer from our draft eligible current players. Likely only Reetz among scholarship recruits, plus Harrison as a football recruit. Sinclair, Darby, Roeder and Kubat will all return. Wish seniors Deleon and Pritchard would have gotten a late round look. Anyway, going in I thought there would be more carnage than this.

I knew all along, whoever drafted Monte would give him a contract he couldn't refuse. One thing which no one mentioned: It didn't hurt, knowing Darin Erstad wanted him; that, in itself, is a testament to the kid's worth.

I, myself, couldn't refuse 1.8 million! Good luck, Monte. :wave: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

...and when can we start the conversation about the draft being terrible for these young men and college baseball thread?

How is it that Pritchard wasn't drafted? The guy can flat-out stroke the ball.

Probably the love of "measurables". Too small, not great speed, average arm. So with some "flaws", they go back to "he's too small and doesn't look like someone who 'projects'". Oh yeah, all he does is hit. And hit. Was hoping someone like the A's would give him a shot. And he may still get a free agent deal with someone. Maybe he doesn't get past single A, but he gets to play a little more ball. Pritch hit for 4 years here, which helped us a bunch and was fun to watch.

Probably the love of "measurables". Too small, not great speed, average arm. So with some "flaws", they go back to "he's too small and doesn't look like someone who 'projects'". Oh yeah, all he does is hit. And hit. Was hoping someone like the A's would give him a shot. And he may still get a free agent deal with someone. Maybe he doesn't get past single A, but he gets to play a little more ball. Pritch hit for 4 years here, which helped us a bunch and was fun to watch.

After 30+ rounds with bigger "projects" than Pritch being drafted all over the place I am really surprised.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back