• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MJ on B1G Today

Coach Joseph reminds me of a few of my NCOs in the military. Natural, no-nonsense leader who clearly cares for his men and wants to teach them and show them how to succeed. Demanding and disciplined, but loving. A real father figure type. I’m not big on requiring the head guy to have Nebraska ties, but with Coach Joseph, it just doesn’t matter and may even be a plus, but he’d be great no matter where he came from…

Mickey sounds like a leader. Very well-spoken, with a good mix of confidence and being humble. He knows his role -- number one being a leader of young men -- and understanding the importance of that role.

More simply, he just gets it.

Also a treat listening to a head coach that doesn't sound like speaking to the media is the worst thing possible.

There isn't a college football staff that wouldn't benefit from having Mickey Joseph on staff. I'm not sure where he'll be next year, but he will be in demand.

Last edited:

Here’s to wishing the best for Mickey and the team. I love what he’s saying, but let’s see if it has an impact on the team. Would love nothing more than to see coach Joseph succeed! Cautiously optimistic.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back