• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MizzouRah's Picks Week XI

MizzouRah

Scout Team
20 Year Member
We had a bit of a recovery last week, going 5-3 ATS so we are sitting at 37-35-1 on the year ATS. This is one of the most exciting sets of games we will see this year but I am afraid some of the "big" games do not appeal to me from a betting perspective. The obvious example is I do not know what to do with LSU vs. Alabama to be honest.

On to this week's games

MIZZOU (+17) at Georgia, it is sounding less likely that Kelly Bryant will play Saturday, so if he does I can't imagine him having great mobility. While UGA -17 appears to be a good play I am going to take an even more obvious play I don't have to root against! UNDER 48 IS THE OFFICIAL PICK HERE.

I really like this MISSISSIPPI offense and I enjoyed watching them battle at Auburn. I think they easily cover the 28 against New Mexico State.

I was completely wrong about UCF (-17) when they traveled to Temple but I think TULSA is a strong enough team that I will take the points at home.

I think Purdue (+2) is a bit overvalued after the Nebraska win. I know NORTHWESTERN is really not good on offense but I like them to win at home here and cover.

Along those lines, I think TCU (+2.5) is a very live home dog and they end Baylor's undefeated run.

I've been high on IOWA STATE (+14.5) all year and if they somehow pull the upset over OU, they are still alive to win the Big 12 (I have a very small pizza money ticket on that outcome!). I think they can run the ball effectively here and keep it close.

Money keeps coming in on Texas (-7) hosting K-State. These people haven't watched the same K-State team I've been watching, Texas is still really banged up and I think the 'Cats will be VERY successful running the ball here and will win outright. TAKE KANSAS STATE

I guess I feel obligated to pick the BIG GAME. It sounds like the general public is betting heavy on LSU, so I like to zig when most folks zag. Give me ALABAMA (-6.5) in a game I am rather confused on.

Hopefully after that game Ol' Mizzou shocks the world and re-enters the SEC East championship talk. I'm not optimistic but always hopeful!

That's all for this week! Good luck to your (non Bulldog) team!

Rah,

I love the Bama pick. They've been there and done that. LSU has beaten no one of great substance outside of Baton Rouge this season, winning close games against good but not great. A rude awakening awaits them.

KSU plus that many (+7) is a solid choice, deserving of three or four or units. They have had time to climb down off their OU cloud and play another KSU-style game. UT D continues to struggle week after week, though they get a few players back this week. Back door cover against UT's weak D very much in play here, which swings the lean toward the Cats even further.

Last edited:

We had a bit of a recovery last week, going 5-3 ATS so we are sitting at 37-35-1 on the year ATS. This is one of the most exciting sets of games we will see this year but I am afraid some of the "big" games do not appeal to me from a betting perspective. The obvious example is I do not know what to do with LSU vs. Alabama to be honest.

On to this week's games

MIZZOU (+17) at Georgia, it is sounding less likely that Kelly Bryant will play Saturday, so if he does I can't imagine him having great mobility. While UGA -17 appears to be a good play I am going to take an even more obvious play I don't have to root against! UNDER 48 IS THE OFFICIAL PICK HERE.

I really like this MISSISSIPPI offense and I enjoyed watching them battle at Auburn. I think they easily cover the 28 against New Mexico State.

I was completely wrong about UCF (-17) when they traveled to Temple but I think TULSA is a strong enough team that I will take the points at home.

I think Purdue (+2) is a bit overvalued after the Nebraska win. I know NORTHWESTERN is really not good on offense but I like them to win at home here and cover.

Along those lines, I think TCU (+2.5) is a very live home dog and they end Baylor's undefeated run.

I've been high on IOWA STATE (+14.5) all year and if they somehow pull the upset over OU, they are still alive to win the Big 12 (I have a very small pizza money ticket on that outcome!). I think they can run the ball effectively here and keep it close.

Money keeps coming in on Texas (-7) hosting K-State. These people haven't watched the same K-State team I've been watching, Texas is still really banged up and I think the 'Cats will be VERY successful running the ball here and will win outright. TAKE KANSAS STATE

I guess I feel obligated to pick the BIG GAME. It sounds like the general public is betting heavy on LSU, so I like to zig when most folks zag. Give me ALABAMA (-6.5) in a game I am rather confused on.

Hopefully after that game Ol' Mizzou shocks the world and re-enters the SEC East championship talk. I'm not optimistic but always hopeful!

That's all for this week! Good luck to your (non Bulldog) team!
Thanks MR. I enjoy your posts and have mentioned in the past that I appreciate you taking the time to contribute on this board.

I can't figure out what happened with Vandy. As bad as some other performances have been for MU, Vandy shouldn't stay within 14 points of any team with a pulse (and yes that includes MU).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back