• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MizzouRah's Picks Week VIII

MizzouRah

Scout Team
20 Year Member
Well after a great start to the season, we have been trending toward .500 for a while. Last week, we made it and we are now 24-24-1 against the spread on the year. We were on the wrong side of variance last week missing several picks by less than two points and in the Missouri case losing based on a missed extra point but that happens.

I really like the way things are breaking down for MIZZOU (-21). It is certainly fair to say we have not proven anything on the road so we get one of the easiest road tests possible this week going to Vanderbilt. I don’t expect it to prove that much but Vanderbilt hasn’t covered the spread all year and I expect that to continue.

Missouri has very good odds to win the SEC East for a reason. If you think a Florida team that Missouri has dominated the last two years should be favored to beat the tigers in Columbia in the cold of November I don’t think you’re living in reality. The path to Atlanta (at the moment we are still eligible) continues this week.

MIZZOU 45 Vandy 10

I seldom pick totals on these picks but I’m going to make an exception here. I really think Texas will cover against ku this week but Texas should be disinterested enough to allow some points so OVER 62 is the play.

Honestly, I’ve been rather disappointed in the offense at Kansas State (+3.5) but the line has moved nicely and maybe it’s because I’m going to the game! I’ll take the Cats and the points vs. TCU who is also struggling.

I have a small wager on IOWA STATE (-7) to win the Big 12. I think Texas Tech losing to Baylor on a typically pathetic blown call by Big 12 officials might take some of the starch out of them. I’ll predict ISU by two touchdowns.

I was correct on UNLV last week but that was more based upon Vanderbilt being a poor team. This is the kind of time they turn around and play really badly typically just to make sure they can disappoint their fans! Give me FRESNO STATE (-15)

In what is strictly a line play, I’m going to take MICHIGAN (+9) - I expect a reasonably low scoring game and Penn State has looked less than impressive at times particularly for a while against Buffalo.

One reason I am still excited about the way Missouri is looking is that Mississippi was clearly better prepared and better overall than I expected. I can admit my mistake there. My upset special is for them to win outright. It’s a great spot at home against Texas A&M but for the purposes of these picks we will take the 6 1/2 points.

I keep betting against Ohio State and it is killing these picks. Still, Northwestern slows the game down so much and the line has moved to 28? I’m going to take the points and hope for the best with Northwestern.

That’s all for this week! Good luck to your (non-Commodore) team!

Thx for posting these each week. Always an interesting read. Ohio State and SMU have been a meal ticket so far this year while our beloved Huskers are among the worst in CFB ATS. Pretty sad state of affairs there!

Back in the day, I was 58-62% most years. I guess the breakup of the Big 12 hurt my handicapping abilities!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back