• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MizzouRah's Picks Week V

MizzouRah

Scout Team
20 Year Member
3-2 ATS last week kept our winning ways going. I am 11-4-1 on the year ATS so that is obviously a record I am hoping to build off of.

Last week's game was certainly disappointing from the Mizzou fan perspective. Tennessee was pretty dominant on the lines (especially against the MU defensive line) but MU caught a few bad breaks that didn't affect the outcome of the game in any way but the game probably should have been slightly more competitive on the scoreboard. Also, I think we have finally found our full time quarterback and before the switch was made at QB, MU was very pedestrian on offense.

So, Mizzou has a very unexpected home game on Saturday against LSU so we will see if the Tigers can take advantage of this opportunity. I was ready to take MU even at plus 14 but the word that we will be missing seven players due to COVID concerns is going to have me make this a no bet. I MAY have called in some favors with my inside information and I MAY have MU PLUS 20 and LSU minus 14 for this game on Saturday!

Still, as far as the game itself goes it's a no bet. I really like the passing game's potential with Bazelak and we know that there is the potential for the LSU pass defense to be exploited (see Mississippi State) so while I am not overly optimistic, I will give MU a puncher's chance in this one, again I'm hoping for the win but if we were to lose by 15-19 points it might not be a disaster!

Let's look at some other games.

Mississippi State is at KENTUCKY (-2) - I may be overreacting but I watched the Mississippi State vs. Arkansas game from start to finish Saturday and i was very unimpresswed with Mississippi State. They were undisiplned, the QB passed up some chances to really stick his nose in there and win the game, and their line play was poor.

While Kentucky has made some incredibly stupid mistakes in the first two games, they have pretty good line play and some talent. I'll take them to win fairly easily here.

KENTUCKY -2 is the pick

I also watched a lot of TEXAS TECH (+12.5) last Saturday and I was very impressed with this backup QB who I guess backed up Jordan Love at Utah State. Iowa State could be in a letdown spot after the big OU win and even if they weren't I feel this line is too high.

TEXAS TECH loses a close one in Ames

I can certainly give Arkansas some credit for competing hard (and pulling the upset) these first two weeks but don't forget Gus Malzahn's Arkansas history. I fee it's going to be a rude awakening for the Hogs this week. AUBURN (-13.5) BIG.

For another ugly dog, I will take VANDERBILT (+13.5) at home in what should be a low scoring game. I don't expect them to win but I expect this to be a boring, low scoring game.

Finally, I am going to throw in a first half bet. FLORIDA STATE (+11) has been pretty horrible these first few weeks but they have been taking the field. Notre Dame has been dealing with COVID issues so I will take this incredibly ugly FSU dog for the first thirty minutes.

So there are some ugly picks but if they hit they pay the same as Alabama!

THat's all for this week! Good luck to your (non-LSU Tiger) team!

I will post an addendum for my Husker Max friends only. Some of you asked about me attending a game in 2020 and I wasn't sure if it was going to happen. Well, a buddy of mine picked us up some tickets for MU vs LSU on Saturday and I am super fired up about it. Our team is a work in progress (I think, maybe we are just bad) but I am super excited to get back to Faurot Field and see my Tigers. I'm posting this on Thursday as I have the four-hour drive I love to take on the agenda for tomorrow!

3-2 ATS last week kept our winning ways going. I am 11-4-1 on the year ATS so that is obviously a record I am hoping to build off of.

Last week's game was certainly disappointing from the Mizzou fan perspective. Tennessee was pretty dominant on the lines (especially against the MU defensive line) but MU caught a few bad breaks that didn't affect the outcome of the game in any way but the game probably should have been slightly more competitive on the scoreboard. Also, I think we have finally found our full time quarterback and before the switch was made at QB, MU was very pedestrian on offense.

So, Mizzou has a very unexpected home game on Saturday against LSU so we will see if the Tigers can take advantage of this opportunity. I was ready to take MU even at plus 14 but the word that we will be missing seven players due to COVID concerns is going to have me make this a no bet. I MAY have called in some favors with my inside information and I MAY have MU PLUS 20 and LSU minus 14 for this game on Saturday!

Still, as far as the game itself goes it's a no bet. I really like the passing game's potential with Bazelak and we know that there is the potential for the LSU pass defense to be exploited (see Mississippi State) so while I am not overly optimistic, I will give MU a puncher's chance in this one, again I'm hoping for the win but if we were to lose by 15-19 points it might not be a disaster!

Mississippi State is at KENTUCKY (-2) - I may be overreacting but I watched the Mississippi State vs. Arkansas game from start to finish Saturday and i was very unimpresswed with Mississippi State. They were undisiplned, the QB passed up some chances to really stick his nose in there and win the game, and their line play was poor.

While Kentucky has made some incredibly stupid mistakes in the first two games, they have pretty good line play and some talent. I'll take them to win fairly easily here.

KENTUCKY -2 is the pick

I also watched a lot of TEXAS TECH (+12.5) last Saturday and I was very impressed with this backup QB who I guess backed up Jordan Love at Utah State. Iowa State could be in a letdown spot after the big OU win and even if they weren't I feel this line is too high.

I can certainly give Arkansas some credit for competing hard (and pulling the upset) these first two weeks but don't forget Gus Malzahn's Arkansas history. I fee it's going to be a rude awakening for the Hogs this week. AUBURN (-13.5) BIG.

For another ugly dog, I will take VANDERBILT (+13.5) at home in what should be a low scoring game. I don't expect them to win but I expect this to be a boring, low scoring game.

Finally, I am going to throw in a first half bet. FLORIDA STATE (+11) has been pretty horrible these first few weeks but they have been taking the field. Notre Dame has been dealing with COVID issues so I will take this incredibly ugly FSU dog for the first thirty minutes.

I will post an addendum for my Husker Max friends only. Some of you asked about me attending a game in 2020 and I wasn't sure if it was going to happen. Well, a buddy of mine picked us up some tickets for MU vs LSU on Saturday and I am super fired up about it. Our team is a work in progress (I think, maybe we are just bad) but I am super excited to get back to Faurot Field and see my Tigers. I'm posting this on Thursday as I have the four-hour drive I love to take on the agenda for tomorrow!
Thanks as always MR.Enjoy your opinion.Appreciate you taking the time to post here.Keep the faith.

KENTUCKY -2 is the pick

@MizzouRah, I liked your QB that took over in the 2nd Qtr last week. He seemed to have given the Mizzou offense a spark. The INT was unfortunate for your cause as you had a nice drive going and convert that into points, then the 4th Qtr gets very interesting.

I remember flying from NYC to Faurot field in the 60s to watch Nu/Mu and see the Huskers win 16-14 on a last minute field goal. Helluva game.

I had a fantastic time at the game. I have to say I wasn't as optimistic of a fan as a truly great fan should be at the end!

But a goal-line stand to win like that? That might be the best upset win I have ever seen in person. The other great games we won, I had more optimism going in.

This really made me appreciate what we have all been missing out on in 2020. I'm thrilled I decided to go!

Thanks to all of you who commented!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back