• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MIzzouRah's Picks Week IV

MizzouRah

Scout Team
20 Year Member
Sorry in advance!!!! :)

Folks, I don't know what to tell you. I've always at least hit around .500 over the years and I've been well over 53% way more often than not. Well, 2-5 last week leaves me at 8-16 ATS on the year. Part of me feels like giving up but let's keep trying! Sorry if you've actually used these picks (unless you fade me!)

MIZZOU (-1.5) at BC - I see the arguments for picking against MU here. BC has a big experienced O line and we can't stop the run which is a bad combo. Still, I feel this program is at a point where they can beat this type of team in an okayish environment with a back up QB. I'll pick MIZZOU AND UNDER 58.5 for two official picks!

Let's take MU 27-17

Nebraska (+5) at Michigan State - The Huskers seem to be figuring things out and Michigan State and the Miami win is nice but it had a lot more to do with Miami falling apart in the fourth quarter than anything. This line opened at 3 and has gone up which I think MSU is nowhere near as good as 3-0 leads people to believe. NEBRASKA wins outright 28-20

Kentucky (-5) at South Carolina - LOCK OF THE WEEK - KENTUCKY - there is simply no way they are as bad as they looked last week and we get to buy low. UK by 14.

Notre Dame (+6.5) at Wisconsin - It's going to be a low scoring game so I think there is value with this many points. Notre Dame is the pick although I guess they don't quite pull the upset.

FIU (+11.5) at Central Michigan - I was really wrong on CMU last week but they just didn't have the speed to keep up with LSU. They are still a good team and they win big here I believe.

Boise State (-9.5) at Utah State - 10 AM start in Logan - Blake Anderson was almost the MU coach. I'm glad he's not but he has this team playing fundamentally solid football. I watched Boise last week and they are short playmakers from what they usually have. UTAH STATE keeps it close

K-State (+6) at Oklahoma State - Again Ok.State was handed a gift to beat Boise. I watched K-State in person Saturday and they are really strong on both lines. I saw this game open at 9 when Circa launched the lines and I wanted to fly to Vegas. CATS win this one outright.

Texas A&M (-5) vs. Arkansas in Jerry World - Sorry Hog fans but this team has finally won me over. I've been wrong on all your games so far (even though I was robbed in that Rice game). A&M just doesn't appear to have a QB. HOGS in the upset.

That's all for this week! Good luck to your (non-Eagle) team!

At least you have always had good reasons for the choices, even if the outcome isn't what you thought it would be. Stick with your reasoning. It will even out. But recognize how hard it is to beat the House.

K-State (+6) at Oklahoma State - Again Ok.State was handed a gift to beat Boise. I watched K-State in person Saturday and they are really strong on both lines. I saw this game open at 9 when Circa launched the lines and I wanted to fly to Vegas. CATS win this one outright.

K-State has looked impressive. I'm starting to think this is Chris Klieman's best team since coming to Manhattan.

They'll get the Sooners a week from tomorrow in Manhattan. That will be a great opportunity to make a huge statement.

As always thank you for the time and effort you put into his weekly

I agree with your sentiments on Michigan State having been saying that all week

Hardest part about what you do is publishing it and owning it. Good on you for keeping at it. We have good weeks, we have bad weeks, and then every once in awhile, we have GREAT weeks.

I'm torn on your ND pick. Wiscy isn't all that impressive but they had a week off from their last game and ND's line has been terrible to start the year. The struggles ND has had these last few weeks against not so impressive opponents makes me lean Wisconsin but both seem to be highly unpredictable thus far.

Totally agree with you on K-State. I don't bet Nebraska often because my heart gets too involved but K-State and Neb are both underdogs I am going to consider ML action on.

Sorry in advance!!!! :)

Folks, I don't know what to tell you. I've always at least hit around .500 over the years and I've been well over 53% way more often than not. Well, 2-5 last week leaves me at 8-16 ATS on the year. Part of me feels like giving up but let's keep trying! Sorry if you've actually used these picks (unless you fade me!)

MIZZOU (-1.5) at BC - I see the arguments for picking against MU here. BC has a big experienced O line and we can't stop the run which is a bad combo. Still, I feel this program is at a point where they can beat this type of team in an okayish environment with a back up QB. I'll pick MIZZOU AND UNDER 58.5 for two official picks!

Let's take MU 27-17

Nebraska (+5) at Michigan State - The Huskers seem to be figuring things out and Michigan State and the Miami win is nice but it had a lot more to do with Miami falling apart in the fourth quarter than anything. This line opened at 3 and has gone up which I think MSU is nowhere near as good as 3-0 leads people to believe. NEBRASKA wins outright 28-20

Kentucky (-5) at South Carolina - LOCK OF THE WEEK - KENTUCKY - there is simply no way they are as bad as they looked last week and we get to buy low. UK by 14.

Notre Dame (+6.5) at Wisconsin - It's going to be a low scoring game so I think there is value with this many points. Notre Dame is the pick although I guess they don't quite pull the upset.

FIU (+11.5) at Central Michigan - I was really wrong on CMU last week but they just didn't have the speed to keep up with LSU. They are still a good team and they win big here I believe.

Boise State (-9.5) at Utah State - 10 AM start in Logan - Blake Anderson was almost the MU coach. I'm glad he's not but he has this team playing fundamentally solid football. I watched Boise last week and they are short playmakers from what they usually have. UTAH STATE keeps it close

Texas A&M (-5) vs. Arkansas in Jerry World - Sorry Hog fans but this team has finally won me over. I've been wrong on all your games so far (even though I was robbed in that Rice game). A&M just doesn't appear to have a QB. HOGS in the upset.

That's all for this week! Good luck to your (non-Eagle) team!
Thanks MZR, I enjoy reading your picks and comments. I have bet your picks before,and if our paths ever cross,just say you owe me a hot cup of coffee Lol. I do appreciate that you continue to do this on a HuskerMax.Keep the faith.

Always enjoy this weekly thread. Thank you & keep up the great work. I’m with you on Hogs, wildcats & Huskers. Love the value & I thought I read on another thread earlier this week that public $ is heavy on Sparty…which I like.

K-State just didn't show up last week. I can't figure that one out but I THINK it has provided value this week. We will see. Some of my K-State friends are very pessimistic as fans can get!

K-State just didn't show up last week. I can't figure that one out but I THINK it has provided value this week. We will see. Some of my K-State friends are very pessimistic as fans can get!

That seems to be their theme in recent years. Look like world beaters one week, look very mediocre at best the next.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back