• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minny-Purdue

I honestly didn’t like the “end racism“ stuff on the back of the Minnesota players.

I just don’t think that stuff has any place in sports.

And I know there are people who will brand me as a ”racist.“ because I just said that. Which is so weird. I commanded, and was commanded by Afro Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, American Indians.....and it’s funny...we all just called ourselves.....Americans. In a combat outfit you quickly realize that the color of a man’s skin means absolutely nothing.

Watching Fleck do his news conference and watching him sprint off the field after talking to the national reporter and I wondered to myself “just what parents are going to allow their boy to play for this guy?”

Three excellent receivers, Moore, Bell and number #0. I'm worried.
Here’s the good news. They can’t run the football worth a crap unless it’s jet sweep stuff. Which should allow us to play zone and stay away from man coverage on those guys.

And also their defense sucks.

I’ll tell you what....I’ll give Minny this. They played tonight minus 25 people in their organization....players and coaches.

Hey Wiscy........Ahem.....

I'm underwhelmed by the Gophers, can't stand Fleck (snake oil salesman)... oh & Purdue got hosed big time.

I have never seen a call worse than this one. And it completely cost Purdue the win. That flag was so blatantly wrong, it makes you wonder if the ref had money on Minnesota.

Last edited:

The DB never breaks stride. Whatever the official thought the receiver did, it didn't slow down the DB one bit.

For that matter, the ref threw the flag in the end zone, making it appear that's where he's supposedly pushed off. There was zero contact between the two players from the 7-yard line until the back of the end zone. Any contact before that was completely incidental and at least as much by the defender. I can't believe there wasn't another ref to overturn that. I'm at a total loss how that call was made and stood.

Last edited:
Absolutely horrible offensive PI call against the Boilermakers late in the game....BUT Purdue's PK missed 2 FGs, each inside 35 yards in a 3 point loss. And how about stopping Minnesota from scoring TDs on one or more Red Zone possessions.

Last edited:
For that matter, the ref threw the flag in the end zone, making it appear that's where he's supposedly pushed off. There was zero contact between the two players from the 7-yard line until the back of the end zone. Any contact before that was completely incidental and at least as much by the defender. I can't believe there wasn't another ref to overturn that. I'm at a total loss how that call was made and stood.
And the Minny DB who got beat for the TD and "supposedly" interfered with had absolutely no idea that the TE interfered with him. He wasn't even looking for a flag after the play...no complaining, nothing.

Absolutely horrible offensive PI call against the Boilermakers late in the game....BUT Purdue's PK missed 2 FGs, each inside 35 yards in a 3 point loss. And how about stopping Minnesota from scoring TDs on one or more Red Zone possessions.

Sure -- you can point to missed opportunities by the losing team in nearly every game lost by a close margin. And IF this penalty was at least "ticky-tack," it might be a fair argument to apply. But the fact is, that flag was so blatantly wrong, whatever else you point out should be completely irrelevant in the final outcome.

To mention, I'm very rarely one to gripe about officiating. In fact, it drives me crazy when I hear/read fans every game whining about calls -- and sometimes I even call out fans for their whining. I understand it's not easy refereeing a game -- it's fast-paced and sometimes a challenge to get in the right position to see and make the call. It's oftentimes quite subjective to make a judgement call, as not every call is going to be blatantly obvious. But this wasn't even a judgement call. There was no gray area. The ref threw a flag at something that was 100% non-existent. Offensive pass interference should really only be flagged when it's quite obvious the intended receiver pushed off to gain position. Defensive pass interference leaves much more room for subjectivity and minimal contact can result in a flag -- as the offensive player has to be given the opportunity to make a play for the ball. The rule generally favors the offensive player by default. That was such a bad call the ref really just needs to hang up the whistle and find another profession.

I'm upset enough with that garbage flag -- I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I was associated with the Purdue team or a fan -- or had put money on the Boilermakers. Irate!

Last edited:
I have never seen a call worse than this one. And it completely cost Purdue the win. That flag was so blatantly wrong, it makes you wonder if the ref had money on Minnesota.

You could be on to something with the official having money on the game. What else could it have been, now that you mentioned it? Excellent point. I didn’t even think about that, but that’s the perfect scenario. It was so blatantly bad.

Sure -- you can point to missed opportunities by the losing team in nearly every game lost by a close margin. And IF this penalty was at least "ticky-tack," it might be a fair argument to apply. But the fact is, that flag was so blatantly wrong, whatever else you point out should be completely irrelevant in the final outcome.

To mention, I'm very rarely one to gripe about officiating. In fact, it drives me crazy when I hear/read fans every game whining about calls -- and sometimes I even call out fans for their whining. I understand it's not easy refereeing a game -- it's fast-paced and sometimes a challenge to get in the right position to see and make the call. It's oftentimes quite subjective to make a judgement call, as not every call is going to be blatantly obvious. But this wasn't even a judgement call. There was no gray area. The ref threw a flag at something that was 100% non-existent. Offensive pass interference should really only be flagged when it's quite obvious the intended receiver pushed off to gain position. Defensive pass interference leaves much more room for subjectivity and minimal contact can result in a flag -- as the offensive player has to be given the opportunity to make a play for the ball. The rule generally favors the offensive player by default. That was such a bad call the ref really just needs to hang up the whistle and find another profession.

I'm upset enough with that garbage flag -- I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I was associated with the Purdue team or a fan -- or had put money on the Boilermakers. Irate!
If that same call took a winning TD against the Huskers this board would burn down. I wish officials would have to face the media after games maybe they wouldn’t be so flag happy.
If that call went against Bo he’d be sitting in a Minneapolis jail without bail.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back