• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota....

I think people might want to slow down with the South Dakota State talk. The Jackrabbits are 1-9 all time against FBS competition. NDSU? Sure. SDSU? Good, but not a team that FBS teams should struggle with. Nebraska's 17-3 victory over them a few years ago wasn't viewed very kindly around here.

The Gophers schedule certainly wasn't easier than Nebraska's -- yet Minnesota is 3-0 and Nebraska isn't.

If you will scroll through this thread you will find a lot of fear. When one says we are lucky we didn’t play SDSU, that’s not respect. That’s fear.

And this team at this point is light years better than the one that lost to FBS Troy last season.
If you're referring to my post, I didn't say we were "lucky" we didn't play them. I said it is possible we could have lost to them had we played like we did against So. Alabama. That isn't based on fear or any other emotion, it's a logical formulation based on our struggle against a terrible team, nothing more. I have faith our slow start this season was a temporary blip and the team will improve immensely. I still think 8 or 9 wins is attainable.

Back to Minnesota, I have been surprised about how they've performed this year. They are 3-0 by a combined margin of 13 points. I'm traveling to Minnesota as my traditional away game. So far we're 1-2 for the games I've attended (the past 3) and last time was beyond ugly. I'd love to experience a win like we had in 2017. Even if we do lose, best opposing team's fans in the B1G. We always have a blast in Minneapolis.

Did you eat all the cookies at the tailgate last year?

Sir, I wasn't at any tailgate last year.. Ever since having kids, my game days have taken some serious 'L's haha.

I think people might want to slow down with the South Dakota State talk. The Jackrabbits are 1-9 all time against FBS competition. NDSU? Sure. SDSU? Good, but not a team that FBS teams should struggle with. Nebraska's 17-3 victory over them a few years ago wasn't viewed very kindly around here.

SDSU has bumped up their program a notch. Historically speaking, yeah they don't have a good record vs FBS, but look at their margin of defeats.. two plays in many of those games and they look like NDSU did when they started knocking off FBS teams.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back