• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota Week Practice: 14 October Coach Frost; Coach Dawson Coaches Radio Show

I have been one of the more optimistic posters on this board.

I am very tired of kool aid posts. Exhausted really. If Nebraska has turned a corner, they make a bowl game. No, I do not see that happening.

Remember Frost talking about players laughing on the sideline during a loss. He was mad and said losing was supposed to suck. Well, here we are, a losing season and from the posts here you would think we have a shot at winning the BIG.

This team is currently under 0.500 and we talk about turning corners? Nebraska loses and I read about people feeling good about the loss? That tells me how far expectations have fallen and what the fan base is willing to accept. No, the product on the field does not meet expectations. I dont want to read about Frost saying how much he loves his team, I want to read about what he is doing to fix it. I want to see him taking action. On that note, I am glad to see them kicking less because our kicking game is a lost cause. More of that, and less warm fuzzies after a loss.

And yes, I promise you if we went and looked at bad snaps at inopportune times, Cam has had an embarrassingly high number over his college career. Most recently, one could take a look at the Iowa game LAST YEAR and make a good argument that bad snaps cost Nebraska the game.
Please relate to us a comparable schedule and results?

That is not the point and you know this.

I suppose it is a matter of perspective. Looking back at the pain of bad snaps over the last few years, no, I would not want to relive that again to have a great center that the coaches coverted from tight end. No doubt, snaps cost Nebraska games.
Yes bad snaps have been costly especially when there were several in a game. No one can deny that.

Please relate to us a comparable schedule and results?
I am really not sure what you are looking for here. Iowa and Cincinnati have both had tough schedules and done more with lower recruiting classes than Nebraska. No, I do not think Nebraska wins or even makes a game of it against Penn State or Notre Dame.

Or how about a list of teams Illinois couldnt beat? UTSA, UVA, Maryland, Purdue, Wisconsin.

Where exactly are you trying to take us?

Last edited:
I wouldn't engage him anymore, he's turning into a troll right before our very eyes...
No. Lets just be real.

There are people pumping sunshine and then there are people saying that it looks like another losing season is in store for big red.

I want an undefeated Husker team but something is undoubtedly broken. I am not saying what it is but "you are what your record says you are" and that means over the last 4 years, the Huskers are sub 0.500 and that doesnt look like it will change by the end of this season.

Last edited:
I am really not sure what you are looking for here. Iowa and Cincinnati have both had tough schedules and done more with lower recruiting classes than Nebraska. No, I do not think Nebraska wins or even makes a game of it against Penn State or Notre Dame.

Or how about a list of teams Illinois couldnt beat? UTSA, UVA, Maryland, Purdue, Wisconsin.

Where exactly are you trying to take us?
Comparable as in Nebraska.
Different coaches, but Nebraska.
This schedule is beyond any I can think of, results playing teams of this stature are much better as well.
Add in our youth/inexperience and we are getting better week to week and we still have several more games to play, its way too early to go same ol here, and especially since it hasnt been.

Name two years running even where weve played so well against such competition.
If this staff loses the team, how does this then fare with other staffs and their blowouts?
Winning against the teams you should in against is meaningless as well,and I cant praise that scenario and then come down on the current one.
We are somewheres in between, but getting better as we go.

No. Lets just be real.

There are people pumping sunshine and then there are people saying that it looks like another losing season is in store for big red.

I want an undefeated Husker team but something is undoubtedly broken. I am not saying what it is but "you are what your record says you are" and that means over the last 4 years, the Huskers are sub 0.500 and that doesnt look like it will change by the end of this season.
So, record is all.
How about waiting until we go undefeated?
Learning/improving snaps/games/catching/running/tackling etc doesnt matter.
See you then

Comparable as in Nebraska.
Different coaches, but Nebraska.
This schedule is beyond any I can think of, results playing teams of this stature are much better as well.
Add in our youth/inexperience and we are getting better week to week and we still have several more games to play, its way too early to go same ol here, and especially since it hasnt been.

Name two years running even where weve played so well against such competition.
If this staff loses the team, how does this then fare with other staffs and their blowouts?
Winning against the teams you should in against is meaningless as well,and I cant praise that scenario and then come down on the current one.
We are somewheres in between, but getting better as we go.
I do agree, the team has improved. My issue is the rate at which they improve.

I would say the 2009 and 2010 teams performed better but it is a challenge to compare BIG vs Big 12.

So, record is all.
How about waiting until we go undefeated?
Learning/improving snaps/games/catching/running/tackling etc doesnt matter.
See you then
Improving the record by improving the team's skill is what matters. Again, they are making progress but it is painfully slow... Like waiting 3 years for a good center slow.

And I have no hope that the team next year will be an improvement over this one, especially if AM does not return.

Last edited:
I do agree, the team has improved. My issue is the rate at which they improve.

I would say the 2009 and 2010 teams performed better but it is a challenge to compare BIG vs Big 12.
Pelini deserved a lot of what he got but THAT guy could develop players. Fortunate for him, one of the few things Callahan was great at was recruiting and he had a lot more to work with than what Frost walked into.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back