• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined their board years ago when we first joined the conference, Forma joined over here and invited us to their board. They are pretty miserable most of the time and they love to talk smack about us.

I joined their board years ago when we first joined the conference, Forma joined over here and invited us to their board. They are pretty miserable most of the time and they love to talk smack about us.
You’d be surprised at the number of fan bases that like to talk smack and rub Nebraska’s face in the dirt. For a team that hasn’t done much for years we are pretty universally hated.

They truly seem to believe that we cheated against Michigan even though we got absolutely shredded by the refs
To the Minnesota fans…

VSQXEE56LVDH5HE632GVV3HKYA.gif

You’d be surprised at the number of fan bases that like to talk smack and rub Nebraska’s face in the dirt. For a team that hasn’t done much for years we are pretty universally hated.

We are a pretty obnoxious fan base -- at least online (which I guess is what this discussion is about). May not be a more obnoxious fan base in college football.

I can't imagine a fan base with as poor of a record as ours in recent years that puffs out their chests more than we do. Though I like that, because it shows we care. :Biggrin:

We also have had an insane level of infighting for about 20 years. No team can match that streak! :Corn2:

In other words, we make ourselves an easy target for others. :)

We are a pretty obnoxious fan base -- at least online (which I guess is what this discussion is about). May not be a more obnoxious fan base in college football.

I can't imagine a fan base with as poor of a record as ours in recent years that puffs out their chests more than we do. Though I like that, because it shows we care. :Biggrin:

We also have had an insane level of infighting for about 20 years. No team can match that streak! :Corn2:

In other words, we make ourselves an easy target for others. :)
When in Rome, eat the s'mores, when at home, make some killer barbi

That reminds me of a story Lou Holtz had when he was recruited to coach Minnesota. The AD called him. I can't remember his name but tried to talk him into making the drive up there for the interview. Lou said he knew nothing about Minnesota Football but the AD told him......"we are an up and coming team. We played Nebraska to 10 last year." Lou thought about it for a while and said "wow, Nebraska is a pretty special program....playing them to 10 points is pretty darn good". The guy fired back......"well no.....it was 10 touchdowns." 84-13 :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf:
The band had 3 touchdowns that game...

Harbaugh did a good preemptive strike by bringing up our illegal formation and defensive whatever-it-was penalty to the mainstream media. No mention of the MANY calls that went in his favor, of course. Since big media likes Michigan, those two calls have overshadowed everything else.

I'm curious whether he got fined for complaining about officiating for those comments?
Surely he did, you aren’t allowed to complain about officiating at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back