• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
https://gopherhole.com/boards/forums/7-national-titles-football-forum.2/ I usually get on and read the competition the week prior. I expect a certain amount of flipping crap and disrespect. Generally......like the Michigan, Michigan State and OU Games you usually have a fair amount of posters doing some honest analysis. While there was a few of those, overall Minnesota fans might be some of the worst I've seen on the boards. Certainly becoming my worst hated fan base.

https://gopherhole.com/boards/forums/7-national-titles-football-forum.2/ I usually get on and read the competition the week prior. I expect a certain amount of flipping crap and disrespect. Generally......like the Michigan, Michigan State and OU Games you usually have a fair amount of posters doing some honest analysis. While there was a few of those, overall Minnesota fans might be some of the worst I've seen on the boards. Certainly becoming my worst hated fan base.
The greatest 'what have you done for us lately' that I know of fan base.
Dont expect much football knowledge, but plenty of unrelated better than yous.
They disappear in tough times

Last edited:
The greatest 'what have you done for us lately' that I know of fan base.
Dont expect much football knowledge, but plenty of unrelated better than yous.
They disappear in tough times
Its funny that you brought up the football knowledge. At least on other opponents they at least have a fair amount of posters that are talking match ups a little more and comparing offensive and defensive rankings and such. They had a couple of guys try a bit but couldn't get other posters to even really respond. Just overall a weird fan base. They just wanted to beat on Frost and Nebraska. Somehow managed to bring in Lawrence phillips, Steroids and about anything else of the past.

Its funny that you brought up the football knowledge. At least on other opponents they at least have a fair amount of posters that are talking match ups a little more and comparing offensive and defensive rankings and such. They had a couple of guys try a bit but couldn't get other posters to even really respond. Just overall a weird fan base. They just wanted to beat on Frost and Nebraska. Somehow managed to bring in Lawrence phillips, Steroids and about anything else of the past.
Did they mention the '83 ball game?

That's because they are still living in the past, similar to a large portion of our fan base. Like 84 said, change the results on the field if we want to shut them up. I hope that the same team we've seen these past 6 weeks shows up. If so, we will beat the rodents by a couple of scores.

Last edited:
Best time I’ve ever had is with Gopher fan in the stands( football) not hockey

They are probably a little uptight about having an oar stuck up their a$$...... :Biggrin:

That reminds me of a story Lou Holtz had when he was recruited to coach Minnesota. The AD called him. I can't remember his name but tried to talk him into making the drive up there for the interview. Lou said he knew nothing about Minnesota Football but the AD told him......"we are an up and coming team. We played Nebraska to 10 last year." Lou thought about it for a while and said "wow, Nebraska is a pretty special program....playing them to 10 points is pretty darn good". The guy fired back......"well no.....it was 10 touchdowns." 84-13 :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf:

That reminds me of a story Lou Holtz had when he was recruited to coach Minnesota. The AD called him. I can't remember his name but tried to talk him into making the drive up there for the interview. Lou said he knew nothing about Minnesota Football but the AD told him......"we are an up and coming team. We played Nebraska to 10 last year." Lou thought about it for a while and said "wow, Nebraska is a pretty special program....playing them to 10 points is pretty darn good". The guy fired back......"well no.....it was 10 touchdowns." 84-13 :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf:

I hope that won't be repeated again ..... 2017 horror

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400935405

Last edited:

Minnesota fans remind me of KState fans whenever they'd get good for a hot minute. Snyder would win a pile of games for a couple seasons and suddenly, KState was the greatest warrior of the Big 8, crushing the scourge of Sooners, destroying the hateful Cornhuskers, and ransacking the legendary Buffalo villages of Boulder.

They'd go to like two or three bowl games and suddenly Manhattan became Tuscaloosa or South Bend and the Wildcats thought they were the Dallas Cowboys playing against all the other peewee teams.

Unfortunately, I feel like Minnesota is worse, because while I hated losing to Bill Snyder, he was by all accounts a pretty stand-up coach and man. PJ Fleck, by comparison, is that jackass frat boy from college who stole your girlfriend only to dump her at homecoming the next week while he drove off into the sunset drinking a case of Miller Lite in his dad's convertible.

When Minnesota is crappy, they all go back to their hockey, alcohol and misery. Of all the coaches in the Big Ten, I have probably the least amount of respect for that boat-rowing moron.

Last edited:
They truly seem to believe that we cheated against Michigan even though we got absolutely shredded by the refs

Harbaugh did a good preemptive strike by bringing up our illegal formation and defensive whatever-it-was penalty to the mainstream media. No mention of the MANY calls that went in his favor, of course. Since big media likes Michigan, those two calls have overshadowed everything else.

I'm curious whether he got fined for complaining about officiating for those comments?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back