• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MILLS ?

Charges weren't dismissed. He recieved probation.

No felony convictions. Charges are not convictions. He had a bench warrant out for missing out on traffic court. Was put on probation and I imagine the charges were reduced to misdemeanors across the board. We will find out when the actual court filings are available but on the scale of criminal activity...this ranks right at the bottom.

Charges weren't dismissed. He recieved probation.
Do you know anything about how the legal system works? You can recieve probation on ANY charge. Not just felonies. In most cases where a bench warrant is issued. The warrant is issued as a felony. However, once you appear. Especially if you appear without being brought in by police. That is either dismissed all together, or reduced to a misdemeanor. The felony charge is issued to force you to appear. The probation could have been issued for a misdemeanor of driving without a license. Meaning no fine or jail time is issued unless you do it again within a certain period. It may even lead to it being almost entirely being dropped from your record. It is called deferred adjudication probation.
http://www.dallascriminalattorney.p...rence-between-regular-and-deferred-probation/
When you hear the words “deferred adjudication probation,” your ears should immediately perk up.
In simple layman’s terms, it means you get a second chance to avoid a final conviction, provided you comply with the terms of the probation.

Literally, instead of finding you guilty when you begin your probation, the judge “defers,” or puts off, a finding of guilt to see if you choose to change your ways and comply with your probationary requirements.

It’s something an attorney can argue for in the case of a client who is a first-time offender for example. And if you make it through your probationary period and stay within its guidelines, the case goes on your public record as basically a dismissal, rather than a conviction. You are never convicted of the charges.

Also, and this is a big deal, after successful completion of a deferred probation you may be eligible to have the records of the probation sealed by filing what is called a “Petition for Nondisclosure.” If granted, the case will only show up on a law enforcement background search.

Kicked off GT team and at least two felony convictions and another failure to appear in Kansas are not minor issues. I hope he gets here and plays but he has history of very bad decisions
Actually, in the world of crime, failure to appear for a traffic violation, is about as minor an issue as I can imagine. No domestic violence, no assault, no drug charges, no indecent exposure, no theft, murder or mayhem.

Getting a traffic ticket might be a big deal in Hildreth, but it’s not terribly exciting in the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Believe me, I hope this kid makes it here and plays. But we could be underestimating how serious his legal issues are. We don't know why his license was suspended. I am all for second chances but hopefully he hasn't used up his chances.

Believe me, I hope this kid makes it here and plays. But we could be underestimating how serious his legal issues are. We don't know why his license was suspended. I am all for second chances but hopefully he hasn't used up his chances.
We may not know but neither do you. Here's the thing. The more serious the charge the more chance the details make the news in one form or another. Since no details other than failure to appear have come out. The most likely scenario is that it is minor. The Atlanta media has no incentive to cover it up once he left GaTech. So if it was serious we would probably know.

I guess I chose the correct thread to begin with in this new year as this one has not disappointed...except that there has been no mention of The Parent Trap. A thread titled "Mills" should have had something about The Parent Trap.

At this point, as long as Frost, Held, Walters, and Co. are aware of this situation/why his license was suspended and they are still going to accept his signed LOI, then welcome to the Husker family.

I guess I chose the correct thread to begin with in this new year as this one has not disappointed...except that there has been no mention of The Parent Trap. A thread titled "Mills" should have had something about The Parent Trap.

At this point, as long as Frost, Held, Walters, and Co. are aware of this situation/why his license was suspended and they are still going to accept his signed LOI, then welcome to the Husker family.

Thank you I was about to post something similar. Although I already said if Coach excepted his LOI that was fine by me.

Yup only they know all the facts and at this time that's the way it should be. If they choose to share it so be it if not so be it too. At this point in time if they take the LOI I have no intetest in knowing anything else.

My personal opinion is folks need to let it be. It will play out one way or another.

Thank you I was about to post something similar. Although I already said if Coach excepted his LOI that was fine by me.

Yup only they know all the facts and at this time that's the way it should be. If they choose to share it so be it if not so be it too. At this point in time if they take the LOI I have no intetest in knowing anything else.

My personal opinion is folks need to let it be. It will play out one way or another.
Pretty much...and I would be surprised if anything would be shared by the staff other than something along the lines of "We're excited to have Dedrick be a part of this class. Like everyone else, he knows what our expectations are and we're looking forward to working with him."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back