• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mills progress ?

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
its only 2 weeks til may 1, does anyone have any idea on the academic progress that Mills is making ? Im just hoping he gets here.

its only 2 weeks til may 1, does anyone have any idea on the academic progress that Mills is making ? Im just hoping he gets here.
Sounds like we are ok for now. The issue is it's more than grades as to why he had to get out of Georgia Tech. We are relying on 18-22 year olds. The good news is even tho virtually all the players are unknowns, we have a lot of them so even if one falls off, we will be ok. Now, if MIlls AND Washington don't make it, then i'll get pretty worried.

Sounds like we are ok for now. The issue is it's more than grades as to why he had to get out of Georgia Tech. We are relying on 18-22 year olds. The good news is even tho virtually all the players are unknowns, we have a lot of them so even if one falls off, we will be ok. Now, if MIlls AND Washington don't make it, then i'll get pretty worried.

No worries. Jaylin Bradley found the map the the Squat Machines. He’ll be ready to go.

Not counting on him. He has his own issues.

I liked a couple of his runs, but he had huge gaps in the defense to run through. On the other plays he looked really tentative and not like a guy who is going to run through contact that well. I liked what I saw from him as a freshman, but his spring game didn't impress me as much as it did some others.

Really hope Mills gets here. He adds depth and a different style to this team. If he shows up lean, he'll be fast enough, and he's a hammer against LB's and DB's, and we really need someone who can get an extra yard or two or more after contact (didn't see that at all in the spring game)

I still think Mo Wash is the guy, providing his legal crap is dealt with. Johnson and Thompkins IMOP will be the next to step up. I am like many others here, I was not impressed with the position the other day. But maybe we are all crazy and the D really is getting better... could it possibly be?

I still think Mo Wash is the guy, providing his legal crap is dealt with. Johnson and Thompkins IMOP will be the next to step up. I am like many others here, I was not impressed with the position the other day. But maybe we are all crazy and the D really is getting better... could it possibly be?
Mo may be the guy in spurts but can’t handle every down duties. He’s a change of pace right now.

Mo may be the guy in spurts but can’t handle every down duties. He’s a change of pace right now.
Totally agree with this, but think he could eventually be an every down back if he gets weight on, does a bit less dancing and leans in. Seems like he’s been behind or playing catch-up since day 1. First, didn’t train last summer, then missed part of spring and probably some winter conditioning.

Any word on his work in winter conditioning?

I think we're looking at a Cory Ross type of player, without the body maturity of Ross. I hope he hits the weights because right now he's a liability in any regular duty.

No worries. Jaylin Bradley found the map to the the Squat Machines. He’ll be ready to go.

I agree. Bradley is the only guy physically ready on today's roster for the first game of the season right now. And I appreciate Mazour for the same reason, only he doesn't hit me off as an every down guy. I don't see Washington being an every down guy if he's still on the team next year. Bradley does NOT have the happy feet syndrome and is exactly the running style the Huskers should be gearing for in the future. I'll never be a fan of guys that always try to double back when cornered or are hesitant to make decisions, aka 'happy feet'. You should have 80% of your mind up where you intend to go on the play before the snap when your number is called. You win with strategy, not constant indecision and guesswork.

I agree. Bradley is the only guy physically ready on today's roster for the first game of the season right now. And I appreciate Mazour for the same reason, only he doesn't hit me off as an every down guy. I don't see Washington being an every down guy if he's still on the team next year. Bradley does NOT have the happy feet syndrome and is exactly the running style the Huskers should be gearing for in the future. I'll never be a fan of guys that always try to double back when cornered or are hesitant to make decisions, aka 'happy feet'. You should have 80% of your mind up where you intend to go on the play before the snap when your number is called. You win with strategy, not constant indecision and guesswork.
Unless of course your Barry Sanders... :Lol:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back