• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mills progress ?

Totally agree with this, but think he could eventually be an every down back if he gets weight on, does a bit less dancing and leans in. Seems like he’s been behind or playing catch-up since day 1. First, didn’t train last summer, then missed part of spring and probably some winter conditioning.

Any word on his work in winter conditioning?
Eventually he certainly could, he unfortunately just isn’t big enough yet. Winter conditioning helped but he’s still far from where they want him. Having to miss practices and weight room sessions isn’t helping. Will be a force if he’s ever 100% in on things.

Totally agree with this, but think he could eventually be an every down back if he gets weight on, does a bit less dancing and leans in. Seems like he’s been behind or playing catch-up since day 1. First, didn’t train last summer, then missed part of spring and probably some winter conditioning, and most of his classes.

Any word on his work in winter conditioning?

I know we have not seen Wandale in action yet, but I kind of hope we swap him and Mo positions. Neither may be big enough, but I think Mo could be the wildcard guy outside the tackles and on the wings. Wandale seems to have the wiggle for more play call contingencies and an always moving forward running style. We shall see.

I know we have not seen Wandale in action yet, but I kind of hope we swap him and Mo positions. Neither may be big enough, but I think Mo could be the wildcard guy outside the tackles and on the wings. Wandale seems to have the wiggle for more play call contingencies and an always moving forward running style. We shall see.

The good part is that if you have 4 change of pace backs, by definition there is no need for an "every down back".

True and they are all slightly different.

If Mo was a good 215, he’s the every down back. No question.

I certainly hope Mills gets here, in any shape, physically and mentally. I think we are going to need him. That said I'm usually never right about who we need and who we don't.

I certainly hope Mills gets here, in any shape, physically and mentally. I think we are going to need him. That said I'm usually never right about who we need and who we don't.

I’m never right either, but I figure the more talent we have in scarlet and cream, the better.

The one thing I know is in this discussion last year, not too many people would have thought (including me) we would miss Ozigbo. The Bell train was chugging.

Just be patient my friends, we will have a RB step up.

Huskers.com lists Wandale Robinson at 5’ 10” but I believe that’s inaccurate unless he grew recently. This is Robinson standing next to Coach Saban (5’ 6”). Does 2 or 3 inches in height mean a whole lot at RB in this offense? Yes? No? Maybe?

Adrian Killins (UCF) is 5' 8" 170 but that's a different conference. Does that even matter? How about these guys that played under Frost? LaMichale James (Oregon) 5' 9" 195; Kenjon Barner (Oregon) 5' 9" 190; De'Anthony Thomas (Oregon) 5' 9" 175; Royce Freeman (Oregon) 5' 11" 230.

If Washington and/or Mills doesn't show up, Robinson will be need to be an option to become part of a RB by Committee. I'm not that bullish on the RB position without a Mills or Washington and even then there may still be issues of performance.

5b9fea77b6667.image.jpg

The one thing I know is in this discussion last year, not too many people would have thought (including me) we would miss Ozigbo. The Bell train was chugging.

Just be patient my friends, we will have a RB step up.

I’m not going to toot my horn, but he was my favorite back coming into last spring.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back