• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mills Is Officially N; Will Be On Campus Wednesday 22 May

I am sure he is very good or they wouldn’t have taken him but he looked very average in their championship game.
I don’t think any fan really knows how he will fit into this offense.

May be a bust, but it’s a lot different when the only play you run on offense is straight up the middle like his JUCO team.

Nobody really knows until he plays against BIG 10 defenders.

Time will tell!

Go big “bright” Red

I don’t think any fan really knows how he will fit into this offense.

May be a bust, but it’s a lot different when the only play you run on offense is straight up the middle like his JUCO team.

Nobody really knows until he plays against BIG 10 defenders.

Time will tell!

Go big “bright” Red
Never hurts to have a guy who can run between the tackles. Juco players can be a crapshoot. Some work out ok and others don't. I guess that is true about players in general

He is not a pure JUCO having rushed for 700+ yards at GA Tech as true Frosh. Pretty tell tale. Folks keep forgetting that

Yep and hopefully the academic support will be the key at Nebraska. Athletically, he's run with the big boys, and now has some maturity to him. Assuming he's coachable, and I have no reason to think he's not, he could be legit top 2 for us.

Last edited:

Jaylin BradleyRB6-02105
Rahmir JohnsonRB5-1017540
Miles JonesRB5-817540
Dedrick MillsRB5-11215--
Ronald ThompkinsRB5-1119520
Maurice WashingtonRB6-119025

The last column above is the weight difference between Dedrick and the rest of our expected contributors. If you start with the assumption these are all P5 running backs, having at least one player with power and mass, even if just for situational football, is critically important to the effectiveness of this offense. The roster needs his size. It opens up an entire part of the playbook that will be more effective (particularly in the red zone and short yardage). In the BIG, this can not not be accentuated enough. I think his addition is a very, very big deal.

Last edited:
Jaylin BradleyRB6-02105
Miles JonesRB5-817540
Dedrick MillsRB5-11215--

The last column above is the weight difference between Dedrick and the rest of our expected contributors. If you start with the assumption these are all P5 running backs, having at least one player with power and mass, even if just for situational football, is critically important to the effectiveness of this offense. The roster needs his size. It opens up an entire part of the playbook that will be more effective (particularly in the red zone and short yardage). In the BIG, this can not not be accentuated enough. I think his addition is a very, very big deal.

Nice, thanks for the data. I agree he's important for us. He had to appreciate the way we used Ziggy, and the fact that Zigs has signed with The League after just one year in the Frost offense.

Jaylin BradleyRB6-02105
Miles JonesRB5-817540
Dedrick MillsRB5-11215--

My guess would be that once he starts eating at the training table and lifting with Duvall that he adds another 5-6 before the start of the season.

i like the maturity he has shown in taking an addl 3 classes, to improve the grades, he knew it was necessary, and it wasnt easy, there was lots of pressure, this was a make or break situation for him, taking another semester of classes or 2-3 more, wasnt an option, it had to happen now. This can only help him, mentally, this will toughen him, hopefully.

Jaylin BradleyRB6-02105
Miles JonesRB5-817540
Dedrick MillsRB5-11215--

But what about Austin Hemphill??? I'm not actually expecting to see him play, but man would that be fun if he developed into a situational option.

Jaylin BradleyRB6-02105
Miles JonesRB5-817540
Dedrick MillsRB5-11215--

Mills will be the go to every down back much like Ozigbo. In the B1G a 'back of his caliber is a must

The importance of this get cant be understated. Kudos on him doing what he had to do to get eligible. That tells me a lot about him right there. Adding a big-bodied, experienced RB to the roster seriously alleviates a lot of my worries going into this year. It also makes me salivate at Martinez's potential. If we can get defenses concerned about our inside run game, he is going to absolutely tear people up with his arm and his feet.

Last edited:

Well, if it's true . . . that's a pretty huge piece of the puzzle for next year. If any offense can work around depth/talent issues at RB, it should be Frost's, but Mills on paper is huge.

I just hope (1) it becomes offical, (2) that he can remain eligible and out of trouble, and (3) that he pans out far better than the last #1 JUCO RB. Hopefully he's paid attention and been given the full story on how that worked out and why.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back