• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mike Stoops? tOSU/ NU related

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing is that if Mike Stoops comes to Nebraska and has a great year, he'll be a head coach within no time (MWC, Big East, etc) leaving us to fill the position again maybe within a year maybe two. And to this point, you know how much Bo likes stability in the program, etc.

I can't find it but I think it was in the LJS but stoops had stated he had more fun just being a DC not a HC. So just because someone is a good DC does not meant they are going to be a HC. Take a look at the Pittsburgh Steelars DC. He was HC at Cincinnati and did good but was fired and went to pit. He has turned that Defense around to win super bowls. He is still there and not a HC. So if that is the case with stoops then I have not fear of loosing him to a HC job.

tosu??? never heard of this team before?? is it like OSU ??

the little "t" tOSU is to make fun of the fact that the majority of alumni will correct you when you say Ohio State. It is Thee Ohio State University. Living in Cincinnait I have been corrected many times. You can offend them pretty bad if you don't do it.

That has to be the nail in the coffin. I can't imagine Mike Stoops would want to be co-coordinator there. If we're not going to get MS, I just hope he stays out of the Big Ten! Don't go to Iowa, Stoopsy!!!!!

I didn't realize that Ohio State is playing Florida in the bowl game. That's really interesting, though not as interesting as it would be if Urban coached the bowl for the Luckeyes.

Last edited:

That has to be the nail in the coffin. I can't imagine Mike Stoops would want to be co-coordinator there. If we're not going to get MS, I just hope he stays out of the Big Ten! Don't go to Iowa, Stoopsy!!!!!

I didn't realize that Ohio State is playing Florida in the bowl game. That's really interesting, though not as interesting as it would be if Urban coached the bowl for the Luckeyes.

Lets not forget they also hired Everett Withers.(Even though I hear its on hold with tOSU AD.) He I imagine would be the co-DC.

It's kinda like how Miami calls itself: The "U". Watch player introductions in the NFL when they're listing their schools.

Yeah, there are two things I refuse to acknowledge: THE Ohio State and calling Miami "Da U" now matter how much ESPN tries to shove those brand names down our throats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back