• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mike Stoops? tOSU/ NU related

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's good to know he probably won't be joining Meyer at Ohio State. That would've been a lethal combination!

The thing is that if Mike Stoops comes to Nebraska and has a great year, he'll be a head coach within no time (MWC, Big East, etc) leaving us to fill the position again maybe within a year maybe two. And to this point, you know how much Bo likes stability in the program, etc.

Last edited:

If he came to NU..it would take at least 3-4 super solid years for him to leave for a head coaching gig. That would be the only way I could see another BCS team offer him a Head Coaching gig. Stoops won't go mid-major route. He's better off a D. coordinator at a BCS school over that. He also may come to the conclusion that head coaching may not be for him......Arizona was rough.

Really? You never heard of THEE Ohio State University. And make sure yo say THEE and not The

no ...never !!! When did OSU change there name?? Didnt see it all season , looked at the OSU website didnt see the t , espn , their basketball/football arenas, in the NCAA stat info i go too.

Wasn't there rumors that Memphis was interested in Stoops this year as a HC? I thought he was a candidate. He would get the D humming and then be gone quickly for greener pastures imo.

I predict he will land as HC somewhere. Kirk Ferentz has been asked by KC Chiefs; I think this year he decides to go and Iowa calls up lil bro of their dream coach.

Sporting News editorial

Last edited:
If he came to NU..it would take at least 3-4 super solid years for him to leave for a head coaching gig. That would be the only way I could see another BCS team offer him a Head Coaching gig. Stoops won't go mid-major route. He's better off a D. coordinator at a BCS school over that. He also may come to the conclusion that head coaching may not be for him......Arizona was rough.

I'm thinking with the talent we currently have on the roster combined with the recruits we have interest, 1-2 super solid years would be just enough for him to get another HC offer. Accompanied with the fact he has another defensive guru as a HC. Didn't Carl generate some interest after 09 and 10? But as you pointed out, I think Stoops' cup of tea is in the DC position rather than HC. At least at this level.

no ...never !!! When did OSU change there name?? Didnt see it all season , looked at the OSU website didnt see the t , espn , their basketball/football arenas, in the NCAA stat info i go too.

It's kinda like how Miami calls itself: The "U". Watch player introductions in the NFL when they're listing their schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back