• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mike Ferrell's Top 50 Quarterbacks For The 2022 Season

Am out played almost all the quarterbacks we faced last year and still went 3-9.
2AM did not outplay almost all the QBs last year.

QBs we faced - 14 TDs & 10 INTs with 65% completion (BIG shoutout to our D).
2AM - 14 TDs & 10 INTs with 62% completion.

Yes 2AM contributed 525 net rushing yards with 13 TDs but he also had 7 fumbles.

For his career he’s responsible for 80 TDs and 57 TOs (fumbles and INTs).

As prolific of a runner as he is … he’s extremely careless with the football.

Last edited:
AM has break out year
He might have a career year … but if he does it’s because Kleimann puts a governor on the race car that is 2AM. Play to his strengths. Limits TOs. And simplifies the passing game. I suspect the OLine at KSU will be the best coached most cohesive unit 2AM will have played with.

KSU will win some games but it will be WITH 2AM not BECAUSE of 2AM.

He might have a career year … but if he does it’s because Kleimann puts a governor on the race car that is 2AM. Play to his strengths. Limits TOs. And simplifies the passing game. I suspect the OLine at KSU will be the best coached most cohesive unit 2AM will have played with.

KSU will win some games but it will be WITH 2AM not BECAUSE of 2AM.
Typical AM critic. We lose games because of him but if games are won it’s not because of him.

Typical AM critic. We lose games because of him but if games are won it’s not because of him.
You made a statement that 2AM outplayed most QBs last season. That is statistically untrue. I’d love for you to prove otherwise.

The TEAM won 4, 5 and 3 games in the years he was at Nebraska … we certainly didn’t win many games because of him.

He has 80 TDs he’s responsible for and 57 turnovers in his 3-year career. All undeniable facts.

He was a victim of some of the most poorly coached offensive lines in the history of Husker football. But he is also responsible for his own poor play as well. A QB gets too much credit for wins and losses but that goes with the job.

But you’re wearing rose colored shades if you don’t think he was also part of the problem.

You made a statement that 2AM outplayed most QBs last season. That is statistically untrue. I’d love for you to prove otherwise.

The TEAM won 4, 5 and 3 games in the years he was at Nebraska … we certainly didn’t win many games because of him.

He has 80 TDs he’s responsible for and 57 turnovers in his 3-year career. All undeniable facts.

He was a victim of some of the most poorly coached offensive lines in the history of Husker football. But he is also responsible for his own poor play as well. A QB gets too much credit for wins and losses but that goes with the job.

But you’re wearing rose colored shades if you don’t think he was also part of the problem.
1. Yes I did make a statement that AM out played most of the quarterbacks last year in response to the statement that there will only be two quarterbacks on the roster better than ours. My point is we were 3-8 with a quarterback who was better than the competition that year. I'll elaborate on that later.

2. Yes the team was that bad in wins and losses. Maybe we should blame the rest of the team a little more because they rarely out performed the opponent.

As for AM statistically out performing the other quarterbacks.

Passing percentage 61.7
Opponents 65.7

Yards 2863
Opponents 2457

Yards per catch 15.1
Opponents 9.9

Interceptions 10
Opponents 10

TD's 14
opponents 14

So when comparing passing statistics it is pretty even. Obviously difference is a slightly better pass percentage of 4 points by the opponent but considering the effectiveness in the average completion at more than 50% better its easy to see that the SF offense is asking for the ball to be thrown farther downfield which by nature reduces the completion percentage.

What you fail to calculate in the "outplay the opposing QB" is the rushing.

Rushing yards 525
Opponents -49

Rushing per attempt 3.9
Opponents -1.1

Rushing TD's 13
opponents 1

Fumbles 3
Opponent 2

I know it was previously stated he lost 7 fumbles but It was seven for the entire team. I can only find 3 that were him. Smothers had 2 and a punt return had 1.

In addition if you want to know how important his run game was to us.

From his husker bio
Adrian Martinez started the first 11 games of the season at quarterback before missing the final game of the year due to injury. He completed more than 61 percent of his passes for 2,863 yards and 14 touchdowns, becoming the first player in school history with four 1,000-yard passing seasons. Martinez averaged 308.0 yards of total offense per game, breaking his own school record set during his freshman season. He also ranked fifth on Nebraska's season charts in total offense (3,388), sixth in passing yards (2,863) and ninth in completions (189). For his performance, Martinez earned honorable-mention All-Big Ten accolades from the conference coaches.

Martinez eclipsed 1,000 season passing yards in only four games, joining Tommy Armstrong Jr. as the second Husker to throw for 1,000 yards in the first four games of a season. In addition to his work through the air, Martinez rushed 133 times for 525 yards and a career-high 13 scores, leading the Huskers in all three categories. Martinez became only the eighth Husker to total 10 passing and rushing touchdowns in the same season. He also became the first Nebraska quarterback and only the fourth quarterback in Big Ten history with four 500-yard rushing seasons.

At the conclusion of the regular season, Martinez ranked second nationally n in 70-yard runs (2) and fifth in 60-yard runs (2). He also ranked seventh nationally in 30-yard passes (26). Martinez ranked 21st nationally in passing yards game at the conclusion of the regular season and 15th with an average of 308.0 yards of offense per game. He also ranked seventh nationally in yards per completion (15.2) and yards per pass attempt (9.4). On the ground, Martinez ranked 2nd nationally with a career-high 13 rushing touchdowns at the end of the regular season.

At the end of the 2021 regular season, Martinez was one of only three active FBS players with 8,000 career passing yards and 2,000 career rushing yards. He was only the fourth Big Ten quarterback and 24th quarterback in FBS history in the 8,000/2,000 club. Martinez ranked seventh in Big Ten history for career rushing yards by a quarterback (2,301) ands second among all active FBS quarterbacks with 2,301 career rushing yards. He also ranked seventh among all FBS players with 35 career rushing touchdowns and ranked ninth with 10,792 career total offense yards.

Martinez accounted for 343 yards of offense at Illinois, out-gaining the Illini by himself. He threw for 232 yards and one touchdown and posted his fifth career 100-yard rushing game with 111 yards on 17 carries with one score. In the win over Fordham the next week, Martinez accounted for 287 yards of offense in less than three quarters, completing 17-of-23 passes for 254 yards and one touchdown and rushing eight times for 33 yards and two scores. Against Buffalo, Martinez accounted for 354 yards of offense. He completed 13-of-19 passes for 242 yards, including a pair of 68-yard touchdowns. Martinez also had a 71-yard run en route to posting his sixth career 100-yard rushing game with nine carries for 112 yards. Martinez totaled 323 yards of offense and accounted for two touchdowns at No. 3 Oklahoma. He completed 19-of-25 passes for 289 yards and one touchdown, while rushing 17 times for 34 yards and one score. Martinez accounted for 316 yards of offense at No. 20 Michigan State. He completed 24-of-34 passes for 244 yards and rushed 21 times for 72 yards and two scores. Martinez played only 2 1/2 quarters in Nebraska's win over Northwestern, and he threw for 202 yards and rushed for 50 yards and a career-high three touchdowns. Martinez also tied his career high with four total touchdowns against the Wildcats. Martinez accounted for 329 yards of offense against No. 9 Michigan, throwing for 291 yards and rushing for 38 yards. He tied his career highs with three passing touchdowns and four total touchdowns against the Wolverines. At Minnesota, Martinez threw for 241 yards and one touchdown. He threw for 269 yards and two touchdowns against Purdue, completing 14 passes to become Nebraska's all-time leader in completions. He also eclipsed 10,000 yards of career total offense against the Boilermakers. Martinez also had a four-yard touchdown run against the Boilermakers. Against No. 6 Ohio State, Martinez threw for 248 yards and one touchdown and added 51 rushing yards with one touchdown. The Ohio State game marked the 20th game of Martinez's career where he had both a passing and rushing touchdown. Martinez accounted for 374 yards at No. 19 Wisconsin against a Badger defense that entered the game No. 1 in the country in total defense, allowing only 216.3 yards per game. Martinez passed for 351 yards and rushed for 23 yards, posting both a rushing and passing touchdown while becoming Nebraska's all-time leader in total offense.

During the season, Martinez was recognized as oen of 20 national semifinalists for the Jason WItten Collegiate Man of the Year Award. The award is the first college football honor to focus primarily on a player’s leadership, both on and off the field

I cannot believe how much the rest of the team held AM back the last few years. If only they could have stepped up in the clutch like AM. What might have been?

For the record, not an AM hater, at all. Just cannot figure out how he is blameless for the teams performance the last few seasons. A good chunk of his stats were empty as they were accumulated when the team was trailing. I wish we could look back and find a game or two where he lead a comeback or got that win on a big stage. But it wasn't in the cards for many reasons. Many factors contributed but he is one of these factors, period.

Wish him well but onto next season.

I cannot believe how much the rest of the team held AM back the last few years. If only they could have stepped up in the clutch like AM. What might have been?

For the record, not an AM hater, at all. Just cannot figure out how he is blameless for the teams performance the last few seasons. A good chunk of his stats were empty as they were accumulated when the team was trailing. I wish we could look back and find a game or two where he lead a comeback or got that win on a big stage. But it wasn't in the cards for many reasons. Many factors contributed but he is one of these factors, period.

Wish him well but onto next season.
Nobody said he was blameless or not one of the factors. Many are acting like he is the primary reason. All I’m guilty of is saying he outplayed most of the opposing quarterbacks.

r591568_1296x729_16-9.jpg

let-him-go-mr-miyagi.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back