• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mike Dawson to the Giants

just throwing this out there for discussion, but Is there any chance that Dawson was gently pushed out? Could it have been a mutual decision between HCSF and Dawson?

just throwing this out there for discussion, but Is there any chance that Dawson was gently pushed out? Could it have been a mutual decision between HCSF and Dawson?
Any chance Dawson was actually abducted by aliens and his departure to the Giants is just a conspiracy? For discussion purposes only.

Parella at least would know some of the coaches, know about NU culture (he was one often cited as one of the leaders for changing the culture of NU during the 90's). Thought his position group was among the most improved during his stint at NU, and he knows alot of the players still on the team. Natural fit.
This! During his year at NU during the MR nightmare, the DL was about the only group that was decent and maintained that. The rest slipped, especially the O line.

At least this gives us something to obsess over until the new coach is hired...lol

I can think of several ex Husker DL guys. One in particular that was a very emotional leader. Lots of baggage though. One that I don't believe is in coaching but was one of the 'core three'.

Last edited:

This! During his year at NU during the MR nightmare, the DL was about the only group that was decent and maintained that. The rest slipped, especially the O line.
The DL was bad under Parella that year as well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back