• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Mike Dawson to the Giants

Tenafly Tiger

Recruit
5 Year Member
just throwing this out there for discussion, but Is there any chance that Dawson was gently pushed out? Could it have been a mutual decision between HCSF and Dawson?

NU_Alum

All American
2 Year Member
just throwing this out there for discussion, but Is there any chance that Dawson was gently pushed out? Could it have been a mutual decision between HCSF and Dawson?
Seems unlikely given that Frost just brought him here last year.

dparks

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
Parella at least would know some of the coaches, know about NU culture (he was one often cited as one of the leaders for changing the culture of NU during the 90's). Thought his position group was among the most improved during his stint at NU, and he knows alot of the players still on the team. Natural fit.
This! During his year at NU during the MR nightmare, the DL was about the only group that was decent and maintained that. The rest slipped, especially the O line.

huskerman1

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
At least this gives us something to obsess over until the new coach is hired...lol
I can think of several ex Husker DL guys. One in particular that was a very emotional leader. Lots of baggage though. One that I don't believe is in coaching but was one of the 'core three'.

Last edited:

ColoREDo

REDo posts matter!!!
10 Year Member
This! During his year at NU during the MR nightmare, the DL was about the only group that was decent and maintained that. The rest slipped, especially the O line.
The DL was bad under Parella that year as well.