• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mike Anderson: Thief?

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Got this from a Rivals board, you decide whether MA is stealing from Nebraska:

Mike Martin, FSU
- Salary: $149,478
- 2011 Record: 31-10 (conference 4th out of 12 teams)

Brian O'Connor, Virginia
- Salary: $140,000
- 2011 Record: 40-4 (1/12)

Pete Hughes, VaTech
- Salary: $142,800
- 2011 Record: 24-19 (t8/12)

Dave Serrano, Fullerton
- Salary: $150,000
- 2011 Record: 28-12 (1/9)

Pat Casey, Oregon State
- Salary: $230,000
- 2011 Record: 30-8 (1/10)

Rob Childress, aTm
- Salary: $215,000
- 2011 Record: 29-12 (1/10)

Mike Anderson, Nebraska
- Salary: $330,000
- 2011 Record: 26-12 (8/10)

He's not stealing it, we're just dumb enough to pay it to him. :eek: I'm shocked by those figures, those are coaches of some big time programs and he makes considerably more than all of them. I wonder where his salary ranks among college baseball coaches. Top 10? Top 5?

Are those numbers apples and oranges? i.e. is that MA's total compensation v. the others' "base" salary? I find it hard to believe the HC at FSU is that low paid.

That said Mike Anderson in a collasal waste of money and will be even moreso in the big 10.

Got this from a Rivals board, you decide whether MA is stealing from Nebraska:

Mike Martin, FSU
- Salary: $149,478
- 2011 Record: 31-10 (conference 4th out of 12 teams)

Brian O'Connor, Virginia
- Salary: $140,000
- 2011 Record: 40-4 (1/12)

Pete Hughes, VaTech
- Salary: $142,800
- 2011 Record: 24-19 (t8/12)

Dave Serrano, Fullerton
- Salary: $150,000
- 2011 Record: 28-12 (1/9)

Pat Casey, Oregon State
- Salary: $230,000
- 2011 Record: 30-8 (1/10)

Rob Childress, aTm
- Salary: $215,000
- 2011 Record: 29-12 (1/10)

Mike Anderson, Nebraska
- Salary: $330,000
- 2011 Record: 26-12 (8/10)

According to this article $330,000 would rate him as one of the lowest in the SEC.

http://blog.al.com/bn/2010/05/sec_baseball_coaches_contracts.html

According to this article $330,000 would rate him as one of the lowest in the SEC.

http://blog.al.com/bn/2010/05/sec_baseball_coaches_contracts.html

actually, from the list (i don't believe vandy was listed)... 4 coaches make less than MA... Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, and Alabama... 3 of those 4 coaches have been there much longer than MA....all have had decent success nationally as well. that would put MA middle of the pack in the runaway best conference in baseball. frightening.

Last edited:
The $330,00 is guaranteed income, its believed (but not confirmed) that he makes close to $400,000 per year. Highway Robbery!

Combine that income with the fact that season ticket sales are down, overall revenue is down, Home Run Club members and revenue is down, and then you can see the true "cost" of having MA as Nebraska's coach.

The $330,00 is guaranteed income, its believed (but not confirmed) that he makes close to $400,000 per year. Highway Robbery!

Combine that income with the fact that season ticket sales are down, overall revenue is down, Home Run Club members and revenue is down, and then you can see the true "cost" of having MA as Nebraska's coach.

Wonder where he fits in in the Big 10....probably far and away the highest paid.

actually, from the list (i don't believe vandy was listed)... 4 coaches make less than MA... Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, and Alabama... 3 of those 4 coaches have been there much longer than MA....all have had decent success nationally as well. that would put MA middle of the pack in the runaway best conference in baseball. frightening.

Vandy is private, no requirements for open books. Corbin is deservedly making hybrid SEC corn.

Do you think $330,000 would be enough to lure any of those guys to Nebraska? Childress probably would have stuck around for that, and maybe he should have been the choice instead of Anderson.

Does anyone have the career records and accomplishments of those coaches? How do they stack up to Anderson?

Do you think $330,000 would be enough to lure any of those guys to Nebraska?

And that is the million dollar question.

Throw in the fact that Bingham makes $120,000 guaranteed, and Newman makes $110,000 guaranteed, and you are talking over $600,000 in actual dollars for this coaching staff. In the world of college baseball (outside of the SEC), that is absurd money.

I would think it would lure somebody who can coach and develop 18-22 year olds. Can NU keep that person for the long haul, or will NU in the Big Ten be a habitual stepping stone school?

Before any of these things happen TO has to cut loose the dead weight.

Do you think $330,000 would be enough to lure any of those guys to Nebraska? Childress probably would have stuck around for that, and maybe he should have been the choice instead of Anderson.

Does anyone have the career records and accomplishments of those coaches? How do they stack up to Anderson?

Wouldn't be worth it. The Big 10 is what amounts to a "mid major" conference in baseball. Sinking money into the program is a waste of money. Anderson should be let go and then someone hired at about $100,000.

Come on, I have no problem with questioning Coach A's coaching and all associated with that but calling him a thief and saying he is stealing is a bit much. With all that goes on with coaches and players around the county that can really fall into this category and others that are truly illegal and against NCAA rules this is way over the top. I get the point you are TRYING to make. I hope you get mine.

Come on, I have no problem with questioning Coach A's coaching and all associated with that but calling him a thief and saying he is stealing is a bit much. With all that goes on with coaches and players around the county that can really fall into this category and others that are truly illegal and against NCAA rules this is way over the top. I get the point you are TRYING to make. I hope you get mine.

I agree. Sometimes we get a little brave with our choice of words when we get to hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard. I imagine many of us would use completely different wording if the coach was actually sitting in front of us, or if we had any idea what they do on a day-to-day basis.

I agree. Sometimes we get a little brave with our choice of words when we get to hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard. I imagine many of us would use completely different wording if the coach was actually sitting in front of us, or if we had any idea what they do on a day-to-day basis.

lol

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back