• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mid Major team(s) to make a run this year?

:confused: ... perhaps with most of the mid majors gone, it stands to reason to look at the low seeds in the never ending search for a sentimental underdog. :p

I just have a hard time considering a two time National Championship program a cinderella, then again a couple of my all-time favorite BBall players hail from the wolfpack - Monte Towe & David Thompson

When you have to look back to the 1970s and 80s for national prominence, I think you can throw that pretty much out the window for the current state of the program. In the past nearly quarter-century, NC State has played the role of forgotten stepchild in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill triangle (and they've had a bunch of fairly rotten seasons -- 13 of the past 21 seasons prior to this year they finished in the bottom-half of the ACC). This hasn't just been a Bill Callahan hiccup from hell -- it's been a much longer stretch of mediocrity for the Wolfpack.

Last edited:

And 11 seed is always a "cinderella" at this point. Doesn't make them a mid major but there aren't many brackets with NCST on them right now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back