• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mickey's tryout. How many wins does he need?

I wonder if Trev and Mickey have had an honest conversation, something like Mickey I have 3 candidates in mind for the job because of these reasons, if they fall through and you get us bowl eligible, you are next on the list. I am just curious how up front Trev is.
Yeah man, who knows

If Mickey could recruit a 5 star QB that commits before the end of the season maybe, just my opinion there isn’t a lot of realistically winnable games out there. But for me the next coach must be a recruiting mad man. Is Mickey the recruiting mad man needed to recruit us out of the basement?

MJ showed the cars vs OU
He is part of the frost system

5 wins he's considered, though timing could kill him. 6 wins he gets it or else Urban Meyer does.

Mostly because the chances of achieving are so low getting there would show he has huge ability.

There's something to be said for experience but it pales in comparison to ability for a job like this.

The best coach Nebraska has had since Solich by a mile was the only one with no head coaching experience

But none of this is going to happen anyway. It's too big a leap.

Last edited:
Win at least 6 games and put together at Top 15 recruiting class and he would get very serious consideration imo. Don't see either one of those things happening.

Last edited:
MJ is auditioning for a number of jobs during this time. Do well and he will make his mark in the industry. TA's recommmendation if he doesnt get this job will be very important to him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back