• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mickey Joseph

Mickey Joseph:
-2008 to 2011 had been an assistant coach for the Lions
-2011 to 2013, Joseph was the head coach at Langston University (13-7 in two years, both winning seasons).
-2013:assistant head coach/wide receivers coach and special teams coordinator at Alcorn State. -2014 to 2015 wide receivers coach and special teams coordinator at Grambling State
-January 15, 2016, Joseph was hired as the running backs coach for Louisiana Tech and coached the 2016 season at that position.[12]
-February 7, 2017, Joseph was named wide receivers coach at LSU.
-2020, Joseph received the additional title of assistant head coach at LSU

Unclear whether a potential 1-2 year gig at DONU as WR/Recruiting Coordinator would be a "step up" for what is clearly an up and coming assistant coach.

Would love to get him :)

Last edited:

Mickey Joseph:
-2008 to 2011 had been an assistant coach for the Lions
-2011 to 2013, Joseph was the head coach at Langston University (13-7 in two years, both winning seasons).
-2013:assistant head coach/wide receivers coach and special teams coordinator at Alcorn State. -2014 to 2015 wide receivers coach and special teams coordinator at Grambling State
-January 15, 2016, Joseph was hired as the running backs coach for Louisiana Tech and coached the 2016 season at that position.[12]
-February 7, 2017, Joseph was named wide receivers coach at LSU.
-2020, Joseph received the additional title of assistant head coach at LSU

Unclear whether a potential 1-2 year gig at DONU as WR/Recruiting Coordinator would be a "step up" for what is clearly an up and coming assistant coach.

Would love to get him :)
Do you think he'd be offered the OC job? I don't know that he's up for that job but Frost would need to add something and a boatload of money to make him come to NU. I can imagine there are quite a few schools that would like to have him. His success as a WR coach and his recruiting chops make him highly attractive.

I would love to have him here.

Not sure about OC... We know Mickey knows the option game better than anyone and can recruit like nobody's business but I wonder if he is the right guy to help bridge the gap between SCott's idea of offense etc...

I would love an outside the Chip Kelly tree hire if we are not going to hire Helfrich (yes, I want him for continuity and I am aware you all think I am crazy).

Mickey coached Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson etc... so....

Last edited:
Right, and was it speculation that we were looking to have an OC in place to make the type of decisions such as hiring the asst's that would be under him? Who knows but there would be worse candidates out there. I am guessing Mickey will have alot of options.

1638204918527.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back