• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mickey Joseph Arrested for Alleged Domestic Assault: No Longer Employed By Nebraska

My message to Mickey:

I love you Mickey Joseph, for what you’ve done on the field for my favorite team, for what you’ve done for the state of Nebraska, for your influence on young men and helping them make right decisions. Mickey, you led a group of young men out of disaster called Hurricane Katrina. You’ve led young men to the highest heights with a national championship and onto successes in the NFL that they dreamt about as boys. That is YOU Mickey. No one can take that away.
Mickey Jospeh, you’ve coached kids to be better men. You’ve dedicated your life to something greater. That is YOU Mickey.

This mistake is BIG Mickey Joseph. You know it, and I’m sure it hurts you more than I’ll ever know.
Something happened today I’m sure you’re not proud of. You are innocent until proven guilty but regardless of the outcome, it will always be something you wish you had back. But you can’t go back! Just like you tell your players. Don’t let one play beat you twice!
Take care of your family Mickey Joseph, apologize, own your mistakes and NEVER let this happen again. Take care of yourself, and keep taking care of young men and don’t ever forget you are greater than your mistakes!

DON’T LET THIS ONE PLAY BEAT YOU TWICE, MICKEY JOSEPH!!

Last edited:

Man, I hope their family gets things worked out. This is really bad, not only does it kill future coaching jobs, it could also give the university reason to void his current contract for cause. Praying for the best possible outcome for all.

True Integrity and Character are invisible until they're not! Sorry to see this happen. But, we need to wait until the facts come out for this one. Everyone involved will be traumatized by this.

I recall the time frame of Lawrence Phillips situation where Damon Benning had a domestic issue with a girlfriend. The story in the press was " things look out of control in Lincoln with our running backs". If I recall correctly, he was exonerated. Don't know what's going on here. I suggest a little patience.

I recall the time frame of Lawrence Phillips situation where Damon Benning had a domestic issue with a girlfriend. The story in the press was " things look out of control in Lincoln with our running backs". If I recall correctly, he was exonerated. Don't know what's going on here. I suggest a little patience.
Damon Benning came to my mind also, and I was wondering if he may be having flashbacks to his situation from college. IIRC, the thing with Benning was that he had broken up with his girlfriend, and she was mad and trying to vandalize his car. He was trying to stop her and things got physical.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back