• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maybe it is best for Mickey to move on? (pre-arrest thread)

EyeWilDyeRed

Red Shirt
I'm a huge Coach Joseph fan BUT we are all being selfish by wanting to keep him in Lincoln! I'm no different and I would love to see him stay but he has bigger things waiting for him elsewhere in my opinion. He's shown that he has what it takes to be "the" guy at this level so I have no doubt he'll be getting calls from schools wanting to interview him. I hope he lands a HC position and who knows, he might find his way back to Lincoln in a few years. I think we all want the best for coach Joseph but I don't think it's here in Lincoln. He did an awesome job and gave Husker Nation a reason to celebrate again. He's got too much talent to stay a coordinator. All the best coach Joseph! You were put in an impossible situation and handled it like a true champion! You will ALWAYS be a Husker!

I’m of the opinion that we should let MJ make his own decisions about what is best for him and his family after all the options are presented to him. He doesn’t need the wisdom of Huskermax posters to guide him.
And he has already clearly stated to the media that he would like to stay, even if not the HC.

Close the thread and 1 week ban for the OP :(

I’m of the opinion that we should let MJ make his own decisions about what is best for him and his family after all the options are presented to him. He doesn’t need the wisdom of Huskermax posters to guide him.
Well, of course he will. But plenty on here are calling for him to stay so I guess it must be ok for people to give opinions.

I'm hoping Rhule keeps him on staff for as long as Mickey wants. For one, let's keep the momentum that was built by Mickey (and Busch) in turning the program in the right direction. There's a time to clean house (not now) and a time for some continuity (yes now, for the right coaches). Also, Mickey has been instrumental in selling the NU program to the recruits. Wouldn't be right for him to abandon them now.

I'm hoping Rhule keeps him on staff for as long as Mickey wants. For one, let's keep the momentum that was built by Mickey (and Busch) in turning the program in the right direction. There's a time to clean house (not now) and a time for some continuity (yes now, for the right coaches). Also, Mickey has been instrumental in selling the NU program to the recruits. Wouldn't be right for him to abandon them now.
right for who? MJ needs to take care of MJ; no one has signed so he isn't abandoning recruits.

right for who? MJ needs to take care of MJ; no one has signed so he isn't abandoning recruits.
I get that. Players and coaches understand that life is short in major college athletics. My point is, Mickey has spent 11 months bragging on how NU is the best place to be, for him and recruits (and for good reason). Just seems like he wouldn't leave on a whim.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back