• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan v. NU - October 13, 2019

The No. 5 Nebraska volleyball team turned in another dominant defensive performance en route to a 3-0 (25-21, 25-22, 25-14) win over Michigan on Sunday in front of a crowd of 8,028 at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.

The Huskers (13-2, 5-1 Big Ten) stifled Michigan - which came into the match with a Big Ten-leading .302 hitting percentage in conference play - to the tune of a .019 hitting percentage on Sunday. It was a season low for the Wolverines (12-4, 5-1 Big Ten), whose previous low was .214 at Dayton in September.

Nebraska got 12 kills, 10 digs and a career-high seven blocks from Lexi Sun, who hit .400 on the day. Lauren Stivrins had 11 kills on .647 hitting, her fifth straight match hitting better than .550. Madi Kubik and Jazz Sweet each added five kills.

NU's block was strong for the second straight match, totaling 11.0 blocks after 14.0 on Friday against Michigan State. The Huskers had five solo blocks, all of which came in the third set. Three of Sun's seven blocks were solo, and Kubik had two solo blocks as well. Callie Schwarzenbach posted five blocks.

Libero Kenzie Knuckles had 10 digs and three service aces, two of which came during a critical first-set run after the Huskers had fallen behind 18-14. Nicklin Hames had 34 assists to guide the Huskers to a .280 hitting percentage.

Nebraska finishes a four-match home stand against No. 20 Purdue on Wednesday at 8 p.m. on ESPNU. Wednesday's match will be the Huskers' annual "Pink Night" for breast cancer awareness.

Cook always wanted to coach football. Think he knows anything about an O line?

Even though we’re young and at times our passing is very suspect you can see this team improving. Hoping we can get hot again for the tourney and knock the snot out of the trash from Palo Alto.

Missed another game! So much going on; and, having lost my dear Sophie two weeks ago, tonight, I am just not
into much lately. We adopted Sophie in 2002. She was the sweetest dog. I'll miss her. I'll be back some time
in the near future, hopefully. Go Big Red!

Missed another game! So much going on; and, having lost my dear Sophie two weeks ago, tonight, I am just not
into much lately. We adopted Sophie in 2002. She was the sweetest dog. I'll miss her. I'll be back some time
in the near future, hopefully. Go Big Red!

Sorry about Sophie, C'Bob. Appears you had 17 great years with her. :Rockon:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back