• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan State

MSU -3.5 isn’t surprising to me. Both teams have some things going for them. AM and the defense can keep Nebraska in most games.

MSU has the rushing attack going. Walker’s averaging 8.6 yards per carry. I don’t care who they are playing, that’s impressive.

I saw his post game presser where he reeled off this beauty- "With the strain, and the struggle, the pain, the pressure, the weight room, the discipline, the attention to detail, you know, all of those things. That’s what we want it to be.” It was even more odd when he was saying it that what it reads in print.

That said, he has the team playing at a high level and they are going to try to pound you and wear you out in the 2nd half. Their QB has some zip on the ball, too.

Iowa, Penn St, Michigan, and MSU all looking very solid in the B1G this year. OSU could drop 4 games this year if they don't / can't right their ship.
That sounds like a Diaco quote!

Cue the "team culture" jokes.......But I would agree that Mel has done a pretty good job with that team so far. Be nice to get some payback for the Colorado game a couple of years ago.
That was a disappointing loss. Dang.

Lets keep things in perspective regarding MSU. Miami is ranked 102 in total D which doesn't get a whole lot worse. So yea MSU ran on them but so have other teams. We just held the #6 scoring offense to 23 points so I believe we can limit MSU vaunted offense. I honestly do not believe MSU has a more talanted offense then the Swooners. They beat 2 pretty lousy teams (NW and YTS) and then upset Miami which I suspect was over rated. Their D is ranked 82 which is nothing to write home about imo. Bottom line it's team we should beat which of course what I said about IL who flat out suck. lol
Then let’s see it, Saturday night. Simple as that.

I have no idea who's going to win, it's too evenly matched. All I know is it will be a night game between two B1G teams with offsetting strengths and weaknesses who both want desperately to win thinking they can have successful seasons. I will be so stoked to watch it I may even have a beer.

I've already told Mildred that if we win she best be ready. ;)

Last edited:
I am in Omaha on Friday and Saturday taking a tour of UNO with my daughter.

Dagnabit.

Anyone know of game radio broadcasts in Omaha?

I am in Omaha on Friday and Saturday taking a tour of UNO with my daughter.

Dagnabit.

Anyone know of game radio broadcasts in Omaha?
I would just Google it. The game is televised on FS1. Download the app and watch it on your phone.

On another note, UNO is a great campus...especially the expanded campus in the Aksarben district. Check that out as well.

Has there ever been a game you thought Nebraska shouldn’t have won?
Both of those games were blown. Unfortunately, too many times, NU gets its ass kicked and it’s ugly, so the ones they should have won stick out. Both Colorado games were blown. The OU game, I feel like NU outplayed them, or played them even. Left too much on the field. Should have won that game also.

Both of those games were blown. Unfortunately, too many times, NU gets its ass kicked and it’s ugly, so the ones they should have won stick out. Both Colorado games were blown. The OU game, I feel like NU outplayed them, or played them even. Left too much on the field. Should have won that game also.
And that’s why they shouldn’t have won.

My concern going forward is our lack of a run game. As we know, Martinez has been our top rusher this season -- and even he was shut down yesterday. We exploited OU's porous pass defense beautifully. But that was on a day with ideal weather conditions for throwing the ball against a team that hasn't been able to stop the pass for a long time (great against the run, rotten against the pass).

What happens when typical fall weather in the Plains and Midwest kicks in with a strong, cold wind? That's when teams like Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota -- and now even Michigan State -- shine. I am pleased we have a defense to keep us in a lot of ball games. But I'm concerned what we saw offensively yesterday isn't necessarily going to translate well going forward.

Do we really want Martinez to continue to carry the ball 12-15 times per game all season? But if not, who in the heck can we rely on at RB. Ervin is likely gone for quite a while (if not the rest of the season). Stepp didn't record a single carry yesterday. It's a mishmash at RB with zero consistency. And again, an offense line that I'm concerned is getting poorly coached.
All good points. Many said before the season started if Martinzez was our leading rusher we would be in trouble. It was also a given we needed to cut the mental errors and improve the special teams.

All good points. Many said before the season started if Martinzez was our leading rusher we would be in trouble. It was also a given we needed to cut the mental errors and improve the special teams.
And here we are. 2-2 and staring at a large mountain to climb unless we find a rushing game other than Martinez, cut out the mental errors and improve our special teams.

Yep.

The offense almost completely runs through Martinez. And to his credit, he's been playing some of his best football the past three games. But I want to see how well it applies against Big Ten competition. OU is not like Big Ten teams. The Sooners are more like Nebraska (but with more talent). And I don't think OU would fair nearly as well in the Big Ten as they do in the Big 12.

Frost is 9-18 against Big Ten teams. Are we now capable of being an improved team against Big Ten competition? I'm interested to see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back