• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan State

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
I figured this to be a win before the season started. Not going to be easy. Right now, they are playing very good ball. Them and Michigan might be playing the best ball in the BIG so far. Going to be a tough game. They have a load at RB. They beat down Miami yesterday on the road. This is a game Nebraska better be prepared for. Tucker is maybe a better coach than I thought he was. They utilized the portal extremely to their advantage. Filled a bunch of holes. Going to need another A effort. Cut down on mistakes and NU can win this game.

I figured this to be a win before the season started. Not going to be easy. Right now, they are playing very good ball. Them and Michigan might be playing the best ball in the BIG so far. Going to be a tough game. They have a load at RB. They beat down Miami yesterday on the road. This is a game Nebraska better be prepared for. Tucker is maybe a better coach than I thought he was. They utilized the portal extremely to their advantage. Filled a bunch of holes. Going to need another A effort. Cut down on mistakes and NU can win this game.

Cue the "team culture" jokes.......But I would agree that Mel has done a pretty good job with that team so far. Be nice to get some payback for the Colorado game a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

I watched some of the MSU game yesterday and all I could think of was the way Iowa has been playing the past few years. Steady, disciplined, not beating themselves. They have a stud running back. Tough team.
It looks that way. They will hammer away for sure. Need to be ready. The Walker kid is a very good back. Better than what OU has.

I saw his post game presser where he reeled off this beauty- "With the strain, and the struggle, the pain, the pressure, the weight room, the discipline, the attention to detail, you know, all of those things. That’s what we want it to be.” It was even more odd when he was saying it that what it reads in print.

That said, he has the team playing at a high level and they are going to try to pound you and wear you out in the 2nd half. Their QB has some zip on the ball, too.

Iowa, Penn St, Michigan, and MSU all looking very solid in the B1G this year. OSU could drop 4 games this year if they don't / can't right their ship.

I saw his post game presser where he reeled off this beauty- "With the strain, and the struggle, the pain, the pressure, the weight room, the discipline, the attention to detail, you know, all of those things. That’s what we want it to be.” It was even more odd when he was saying it that what it reads in print.

That said, he has the team playing at a high level and they are going to try to pound you and wear you out in the 2nd half. Their QB has some zip on the ball, too.

Iowa, Penn St, Michigan, and MSU all looking very solid in the B1G this year. OSU could drop 4 games this year if they don't / can't right their ship.
And the part about wanting to drag their opponent into the deep water where they live. Very predatory. I liked it.

For Michigan State, it's all about their run game. In particular, Kenneth Walker -- a transfer from Wake Forest. He's #1 nationally in total rushing yards. (BTW, Greg Bell is #4 nationally.)

In three games, Walker has rushed for nearly 500 yards (493, to be exact). Averaging 8.6 yards per carry. For comparison, that's more yards than all of our running backs combined in four games (not three).

Last edited:
We have been decent against the run—-this season and last. I think if we can reduce our dumb mistakes, we have a very good chance. I’ve never ever feared any Mich St team.

Huge game. I think the biggest of the season so far and could end up of the whole season.

Indeed.

Beat Michigan State, and you show everyone that the effort against OU was not a fluke. And you've built up some momentum to compete for the West division title.

But lose to Michigan State, and now Nebraska would be 2-3 overall and 0-2 in the Big Ten. That's a big hole to try to dig out of. And it would also mean Nebraska would have to win more games than they lose the rest of the season just to reach a 6-6 season.

Every week in the B1G is a slog. There are no gimmies. We are noticeably stronger in the trenches this year IMO and are putting ourselves in the mix. As mentioned ad nauseam, the little things make a big difference. I believe we will get to the point where we can go on a roll. Like Pelini’s first year team that lost in OT to Texas Tech that told the guys that they could hang, I hope we build on yesterday’s effort and start a roll!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back