• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Michigan State players rip Denard Robinson on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overrated doesn't mean he's not a great player. He is. Overrated means that he's not as great as advertised - and many considered him to be America's top college football player coming into the season. Can you say the same for Taylor? Until Saturday's performance, a fair number of Husker fans didn't even consider him the best QB at Nebraska let alone one of the best players in nation.

Robinson is one of the most dynamic players in the nation. He has a bad game against a great defense. It's not like he was struggling to score points against South Dakota St. Great players have off games. March 22, 1986. Michael Jordan scored just 8 points against Cleveland. I guess Jordan can be in that overrated column.

As far as Martinez, it would be interesting to hear what the Huskers' opinions would be of him had he have been wearing a different jersey on Saturdays. It seems we ridicule everyone else's star players and can easily point out the faults of those players' game but with the same energy can easily piece together a novel of excuses on why our players' faults shouldn't be considered when judging their ability.

Robinson is one of the most dynamic players in the nation. He has a bad game against a great defense. It's not like he was struggling to score points against South Dakota St. Great players have off games. March 22, 1986. Michael Jordan scored just 8 points against Cleveland. I guess Jordan can be in that overrated column.

As far as Martinez, it would be interesting to hear what the Huskers' opinions would be of him had he have been wearing a different jersey on Saturdays. It seems we ridicule everyone else's star players and can easily point out the faults of those players' game but with the same energy can easily piece together a novel of excuses on why our players' faults shouldn't be considered when judging their ability.

Hmm....Comparing Denard Robinson and Michael Jordan. And you wonder why I consider Denard overrated?

Hmm....Comparing Denard Robinson and Michael Jordan. And you wonder why I consider Denard overrated?

You missed the point. It's not a comparison of players, it was giving an example saying that everyone has a bad game. No is immune to having an off day, not even the great ones.....

Does that help the understand a little bit?

You missed the point. It's not a comparison of players, it was giving an example saying that everyone has a bad game. No is immune to having an off day, not even the great ones.....

Does that help the understand a little bit?

Sure it's a comparsion, and a comparison that perfectly proves my point. You didn't just write the all players have a bad day. You wrote that even Michael Jordan had bad days and thus, I must consider Jordan to be overrated if I consider Denard Robinson to be overrated.

Jordan isn't overrated, because he won 6 NBA World Championships. Denard is a college QB with nice wheels and a suspect arm (57% career passer) who has won a handful of nice games against pedestrian competition.

Tell you what. If Denard wins one important championship of any kind (even just a Big Ten title) in his career, I'll cut him slack. Until then, he is overrated in my book. Does that clarify my understanding?

You must not read the same message boards I do. Husker fans seem to be able to ridicule our own players just fine.

Robinson was overrated before that game. He is fine at what he does, but he has limitations.

Martinez was overrated in his freshman year when people were talking Heisman. He was not ready for that hype... yet.

You must not read the same message boards I do. Husker fans seem to be able to ridicule our own players just fine.

Robinson was overrated before that game. He is fine at what he does, but he has limitations.

Martinez was overrated in his freshman year when people were talking Heisman. He was not ready for that hype... yet.

So are you saying Martinez is ready for the hype now? Base off of beating a So Miss team that's probably no better than 60% the FBS schools. What was the result of the head to head match up last season. He beat the same Ohio St team with a healthy Braxton Miller that we need a historical come back from and injury to their star. He led his team to a win against a pretty good Virginia Tech squad while we lost to Spurriers boys. His hype and optimism was based on his ability and the prediction that he will be better being that he is a senior. While we have a QB that on the biggest 3 games of his career (bowl games and CCG) we are 0-3. He had a great year last season. No he's not perfect but to call him overrated because of imperfections...... I'm sure when he makes his trip to Lincoln, we won't treat him like he's overrated.

& hell, in this case, every player can be considered overrated. Hell, I heard someone call Andrew Luck overrated due to the fact he never got his team to the big stage being that he's considered the best college QB since Manning.

And we have read the same message boards and to suggest that we critique our players on the same standard as we do other players is comical.

Sure it's a comparsion, and a comparison that perfectly proves my point. You didn't just write the all players have a bad day. You wrote that even Michael Jordan had bad days and thus, I must consider Jordan to be overrated if I consider Denard Robinson to be overrated.

Jordan isn't overrated, because he won 6 NBA World Championships. Denard is a college QB with nice wheels and a suspect arm (57% career passer) who has won a handful of nice games against pedestrian competition.

Tell you what. If Denard wins one important championship of any kind (even just a Big Ten title) in his career, I'll cut him slack. Until then, he is overrated in my book. Does that clarify my understanding?

In other words you comprehension is what is making the comparison, because if a person says "EVEN MICHAEL JORDAN" had bad days, that means anyone can have bad days being that Jordan is considered an elite athlete. So players that aren't elite athletes must have bad days just like the great ones. So again it wasn't a comparison of Robinson to Jordan, it was using Jordan as an example to express, EVERYONE has bad day.

You don't need to cut him no slack on my behalf. I can care less, but since you say "one important championship" how bout a BCS Bowl.........maybe, let's say......Sugar Bowl 23-20 over Virginia Tech.......or is that not important enough. Ahhh:lol:........he's just overrated.....because he doesn't play for NU.

I don't need clarification of your understanding, I'm just trying to help you to understand it correctly.

In other words you comprehension is what is making the comparison, because if a person says "EVEN MICHAEL JORDAN" had bad days, that means anyone can have bad days being that Jordan is considered an elite athlete. So players that aren't elite athletes must have bad days just like the great ones. So again it wasn't a comparison of Robinson to Jordan, it was using Jordan as an example to express, EVERYONE has bad day.

You don't need to cut him no slack on my behalf. I can care less, but since you say "one important championship" how bout a BCS Bowl.........maybe, let's say......Sugar Bowl 23-20 over Virginia Tech.......or is that not important enough. Ahhh:lol:........he's just overrated.....because he doesn't play for NU.

I don't need clarification of your understanding, I'm just trying to help you to understand it correctly.

You wrote that if Denard is overrated, then so is Michael Jordan. That's a direct comparison. It also implies that Denard has earned a bad day at the office and that a couple of nice college wins is in the same universe as 6 NBA world titles. I'd love to talk Sugar Bowl. All-world college player Robinson rushed 13 times for 13 yards and completed 43% of his passes. I'd say UM won in spite of Denard and not because of him.

But I digress. I simply stated my opinion that Denard Robinson is overrated. I acknowledged that he is a great college player. I just don't think he's up the hype as one of the best in college football. IMO, Geno Smith is twice the college QB that Denard is but gets half the press. My opinion has nothing to do with NU. Taylor has without question been overrated at times in his career. Given that he's showing up on Heisman watchlists again after one stand-out performance, I'd say now is one of those times.

You wrote that if Denard is overrated, then so is Michael Jordan. That's a direct comparison. It also implies that Denard has earned a bad day at the office and that a couple of nice college wins is in the same universe as 6 NBA world titles. I'd love to talk Sugar Bowl. All-world college player Robinson rushed 13 times for 13 yards and completed 43% of his passes. I'd say UM won in spite of Denard and not because of him.

But I digress. I simply stated my opinion that Denard Robinson is overrated. I acknowledged that he is a great college player. I just don't think he's up the hype as one of the best in college football. IMO, Geno Smith is twice the college QB that Denard is but gets half the press. My opinion has nothing to do with NU. Taylor has without question been overrated at times in his career. Given that he's showing up on Heisman watchlists again after one stand-out performance, I'd say now is one of those times.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the first sentence but I agree totally on the rest of the post especially the Geno Smith part. Excellent player.

And I only brought up the Sugar Bowl just to point out another reason why he is considered to be a contender for the "Hypesman" award. Yea, the team won inspite of a sad performance but he still is the face of their team for the time being thus they will credit him for getting them there.

I don't think Robinson is overrated, though I do think he runs his mouth too much (Usain Bolt?)

Meechicken may not be all that the preseason hype built them up to be. Yes, they won 10 games last year but they were also really lucky. They weren't all that far from 7-5.

I think they are a legit 20-10 ranked team who ran into a buzz saw of a team. It happens. Florida wasa. Pretty good team and 95NU made them look like high JV squad. They were better than they looked and so is Meechicken...just not top-10 good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back