• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Michigan State opens up at -3.5 point favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a dumb question about lines here but I have always wondered. Lets take this game for example. It has MSU listed at -3.5. But at other times I have seen lines listed that would be (for this game again) NU +3.5. Why is it one way sometimes and the other way at other times?

As TD said..If the team is a Fav that means they will be the starting the game at a neg 3.5 points
and in this case neb is ahead at the start of the game by 3.5 points If you think MSU will beat the huskers by 4 points you take them
If you think Neb can hold them to a 10-7 game take the huskers...that half point can be huge

Last edited:

As TD said..If the team is a Fav that means they will be the starting the game at a neg 3.5 points
and in this case neb is ahead at the start of the game by 3.5 points If you think MSU will beat the huskers by 4 points you take them
If you think Neb can hold them to a 10-7 game take the huskers...that half point can be huge

I understand what the points and the +/- means. I just don't understand why sometimes you see it listed differently. In other words. This game could be printed as NU + 3.5 or MSU -3.5. Why is it listed one way on some games and the other on other games.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying. But I guess my question is more when you see a line printed on a website or in the paper or what not. Not actually who you are betting in particular.

Often it is printed from the perspective of the home team. Last week Michigan was -6.5 and this week it will be Nebraska +3.5.

I've bet on almost every NU game so far. Every sunday I say I'm not going to do it and most Saturday mornings I have found a way to convince myself that NU is the play. It's worked a few times...and other times it hasn't obviously. Fortunately, I don't make a living gambling! :)

I'm curious what the over/under will be for this one. Low 40's Im guessing. May take the overs if I feel compelled to bet.

Over under on my book is at 42.

Under all day right?

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a 24-21 game. Granted, MSU's offense sucks but they have managed to score some points in a few games. I'm not a believer in NU's defense yet. 42, for me, is too low to take the under in college. One pick 6, one turnover deep in someone's territory and all of a sudden you're sort of looking at a 35 point O/U. Overs or no bet.

Last edited:

I always think the home team is a 7 point favorite. To me Vegas is saying MSU wins by ~3 which is why I wouldnt take MSU to cover from a betting perspective. A spread of 42, I take the unders all day this week. And I would love for Nebraska to be the reason why I shoulda taken the overs.

But I dont bet on Husker games.. :Biggrin:

Last edited:
I really don't think I'm going to deal with the O/U bet. I do like NU at +6 though....uh oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back