• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan State Opens as 3 Point Favorite (Home Field Advantage)

What. Is this your way of saying a Peewee "I know you are so what am i. " I never moved anything.
Poster: MSU more disciplined they have less penalties.
HT: Actually NE has Less penalties for less yards this year. .
Lincholn84 joins moving the goal posts: what about the least 3 years.
HT: that is moving the goalposts we were talking about this year.
L84:I know you are so what am i.

Lol at least make a cogent argument.

So what do you know about Michigan State? Fans tend to key in on their own issues good and bad and gloss over the other side

It's not only Vegas who is not sold on Michigan State. They have played three teams none with a winning record

This might be Fitz worst team at Northwestern

Miami is a shadow of its glory years. Only win was against Application State 25-23. Their defense is not good with run defense ranked 106

Youngstown State has not had a Winning season since 2017 and were 1-6 last year

Those are their wins

They have not faced a defense like we have and it is not even close

Giving up 15 points a game

Held OU to their lowest game point total since 2016

I could go on

Good discussion
Doubling down on what you said, imo we didnt offer up a formula to beat OU, most teams arent that good, and those that are are different enough to have/require their own solution

No

The year in Lincoln before was where they used his knee as a pretzel.

I seem to recall he was banged up as well at sCUm. Could be wrong.

Elevation and the crappy sCUm field will not be a factor here. No matter I think we beat them. Take a look at Sparty's opponents. Miami barely beat an average App State team and got destroyed by Bama. NW is a mess. YSU? Pfft

This is a team I think we should beat.

Mel wasn't the coach when they beat us in Lincoln but we're splitting hairs at this point. We just need to beat Sparty this weekend......

There seems to be a lot of optimism and confidence about our chances against Sparty, which is great. I hope it comes to fruition on Saturday night.

Some of the reasons I remain a bit more skeptical are:
- When was the last time NU beat a ranked team? (Without looking it up, I'm guessing our 2015 upset against Sparty or 2016 against an Oregon team that finished 4-8).
- When was the last time NU beat a ranked team on the road?
- When was the last time that NU put together consecutive strong performances against Power 5 teams?
- Frost's road record, and his overall record, at NU are what they are.
- Our problems with the running game, special teams, and penalties remain and have not been fixed.
- This is not the type of game that we have found a way to win in the last 6+ years.

Maybe things are changing for the better that I am not noticing. I'm just not sure how much stock to put on one solid performance against OU. Was that an exception, or is it our new normal?

There seems to be a lot of optimism and confidence about our chances against Sparty, which is great. I hope it comes to fruition on Saturday night.

- When was the last time NU beat a ranked team? (Without looking it up, I'm guessing our 2015 upset against Sparty or 2016 against an Oregon team that finished 4-8).
- When was the last time that NU put together consecutive strong performances against Power 5 teams?
- Our problems with the running game, special teams, and penalties remain and have not been fixed.
- This is not the type of game that we have found a way to win in the last 6+ years.

Maybe things are changing for the better that I am not noticing. I'm just not sure how much stock to put on one solid performance against OU. Was that an exception, or is it our new normal?
Ask me again next Sunday & my answer will be....yesterday.

What. Is this your way of saying a Peewee "I know you are so what am i. " I never moved anything.
Poster: MSU more disciplined they have less penalties.
HT: Actually NE has Less penalties for less yards this year. .
Lincholn84 joins moving the goal posts: what about the least 3 years.
HT: that is moving the goalposts we were talking about this year.
L84:I know you are so what am i.

Lol at least make a cogent argument.
You: NU is way more disciplined than MSU because they have less penalties in 2021.
Me: The fans bag on NU because we have had consecutive years of very dumb penalties.

I wasn‘t saying you were wrong about 2021. I was saying our fans, our team have seen penalties kill many drives under SF. The penalties Saturday KILLED us. We cannot play that way and beat a lot of teams. Especially on the road.

Comprende, amigo?

Last edited:

The other thing to consider is that we've had good success over the years against MSU so we've got that going for us...

Bill Murray - Imgflip

I do suspect that if we beat them they are going to start thinking about us the way I think about Northwestern. Namely, why is it so hard to beat that team?

This is correct. People, in general, seem to put a lot of stock into Vegas lines. Look, I can't say it more clearly, Vegas lines have nothing to do with who Vegas thinks will win. When you learn that simple principle, you'll never bet your own money again.
I don't bet much anymore but I used to bet a lot. I still enjoy a good wager or two yearly. It adds some more excitement to the games.

Last paragraph is the key. I saw some things different Saturday for the first time. Whether they carry it forward or not, I don’t know. Can you imagine a team like Saturday, w o the mistakes and miscues? I mean, they’d be damn good. And yes, they need to put together another solid game, then again, and again. We have not seen that. I’m not gonna bitch this week mostly.

Sparty fans on their thread think this is the same Nebraska team from last year, the one that constantly turns the ball over, the one that can't move the ball, the one with no defense. I hope we go in there with the same mindset as OU and blow them out. If our offense can keep moving the ball like we have been, I think it's possible. MSU does not have the offense that OU does, but they do have a very good run game, so we need to force their QB to win the game for them.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back