• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan State Opens as 3 Point Favorite (Home Field Advantage)

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Opens a 3 point favorite which is nothing more than home field advantage which is 3 points

Which says Vegas is not sold on their 3-0 record even at home

Last edited:

We have no decent special teams play and that is a very big part of close games. We have not been disciplined on avoiding penalties. That also is a very big part of close games.

Finally, I remain skeptical about the durability and skills of AM and behind him, we have only projects.

When that is added to a problem in getting short yardage plays when necessary, it's hard to see beating what looked to me like a well disciplined, skilled MSU team.

Clearly Vegas doesn't share my concerns or they know more about MSU (and probably u of Miami) than I do -- probably both.

I came away from the OU game thinking we did not play the 3d best team in college football yesterday. Husker in Oklahoma had been saying they were beatable for some time. I tend now to agree with him. Don't know who wins the BIG 12, but could easily see someone other than OU.

On a further comment about NU,however, I thought the job Buffalo did yesterday surprised me and makes our win against them look even better.

We have no decent special teams play and that is a very big part of close games. We have not been disciplined on avoiding penalties. That also is a very big part of close games.

Finally, I remain skeptical about the durability and skills of AM and behind him, we have only projects.

When that is added to a problem in getting short yardage plays when necessary, it's hard to see beating what looked to me like a well disciplined, skilled MSU team.

Clearly Vegas doesn't share my concerns or they know more about MSU (and probably u of Miami) than I do -- probably both.

I came away from the OU game thinking we did not play the 3d best team in college football yesterday. Husker in Oklahoma had been saying they were beatable for some time. I tend now to agree with him. Don't know who wins the BIG 12, but could easily see someone other than OU.

On a further comment about NU,however, I thought the job Buffalo did yesterday surprised me and makes our win against them look even better.

So what do you know about Michigan State? Fans tend to key in on their own issues good and bad and gloss over the other side

It's not only Vegas who is not sold on Michigan State. They have played three teams none with a winning record

This might be Fitz worst team at Northwestern

Miami is a shadow of its glory years. Only win was against Application State 25-23. Their defense is not good with run defense ranked 106

Youngstown State has not had a Winning season since 2017 and were 1-6 last year

Those are their wins

They have not faced a defense like we have and it is not even close

Giving up 15 points a game

Held OU to their lowest game point total since 2016

I could go on

Good discussion

Last edited:

Opens a 3 point favorite which is nothing more than home field advantage which is 3 points

Which says Vegas is not sold on their 3-0 record even at home

That's not actually how Vegas thinks at all. It's a very common misconception.

Vegas doesn't think (or care at all) about who is going to win by how much. Their thought process is who is going to bet on which team and for how much money. Their goal is to get people to bet equally on both teams.

What it tells me is that Vegas knows Husker fans are suckers for betting on their team especially after a huge moral victory. Vegas is counting on Husker fans to bet on NU and the other gamblers to take MSU. That's my guess anyway.

Vegas doesn't think (or care at all) about who is going to win by how much. Their thought process is who is going to bet on which team and for how much money. Their goal is to get people to bet equally on both teams.

What it tells me is that Vegas knows Husker fans are suckers for betting on their team especially after a huge moral victory. Vegas is counting on Husker fans to bet on NU and the other gamblers to take MSU. That's my guess anyway.
That and both NW and Miami were favored to beat MSU so Vegas isn't sure how good they are so they stay conservative.

Mel Tucker is a good coach. We'd better pack a lunch.

Agree on all but I also think it does reflect on the two teams playing (ie not being sold on Michigan State as I said earlier)

Point in case is 42 point spread with Fordham not sure anyone would disagree with that. As just one example

I am not a gambler but have learned from a lot of folks on this board

It's a good discussion without a doubt

Last edited:

That and both NW and Miami were favored to beat MSU so Vegas isn't sure how good they are so they stay conservative.

That was my point earlier that Vegas is not sold on Michigan State yet

We have experience with him at Colorado and yes he is a good coach

The best thing we did last game was that everyone brought the nastiness. Can we do that again? I'll take those 2 cam penalties, those don't bother me that much. And the dl came to the game with bad intentions!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back