• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan series

Nebugeater

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
Most that frequent here have probably already see this from earlier today but in case you haven't

All three games of the Nebraska / Michigan series have been picked up by the B1G network. This results in some new start times.

Thursday, May 16 7:30 p.m.
Friday, May 17 8 p.m.
Saturday, May 18 2 p.m (no change)

Most that frequent here have probably already see this from earlier today but in case you haven't

All three games of the Nebraska / Michigan series have been picked up by the B1G network. This results in some new start times.

Thursday, May 16 7:30 p.m.
Friday, May 17 8 p.m.
Saturday, May 18 2 p.m (no change)

Thanks for the update @Nebugeater . :Rockon:

Well, we can still be the regular season champs! If:

- Indiana takes the series against UM
- We sweep UM, AND
- IU loses their series to Rutgers.

It's in the bag, right?
All so simple. And considering we had people stating we should sweep Illinois who is in contention to host a regional if they keep their season up, Michigan being ranked lower should seem that our fans will expect a sweep here too.

We will be lucky to escape 2-4 the way we are playing.

Last edited:

All so simple. And considering we had people stating we should sweep Illinois who is in contention to host a regional if they keep their season up, Michigan being ranked lower should seem that our fans will expect a sweep here too.

Do you really believe a large percentage of Nebraska fans believed the Huskers would sweep Illinois? Or will sweep Michigan?

Or did you see one or two posters here make outlandish statements?

Reality is, no matter the team, the season, the game, the reason -- you can always find someone to say something that is flat out nuts. So nuts, that it isn't worthy of being used as ammunition in future debates and discussion. I'm just saying this because I've read you bring that silliness up at least three times now, and I'm not sure why. ;)

Last edited:
As I've mentioned once or twice previously, it's possible the series means nothing to Michigan, they rest some starters, and we're gifted a win or two.

Do you really believe a large percentage of Nebraska fans believed the Huskers would sweep Illinois? Or will sweep Michigan?

Or did you see one or two posters here make outlandish statements?

Reality is, no matter the team, the season, the game, the reason -- you can always find someone to say something that is flat out nuts. So nuts, that it isn't worthy of being used as ammunition in future debates and discussion. I'm just saying this because I've read you bring that silliness up at least three times now, and I'm not sure why. ;)
I was poking fun at one or two. No one really believed that.

That said... I am having a hard time with people like Sean Callahan saying "well, we are 3rd in the conference and we were picked to finish 6th". If we finish 8th last year then 6th this year, that's not a good look.

As I've mentioned once or twice previously, it's possible the series means nothing to Michigan, they rest some starters, and we're gifted a win or two.
Does that really happen in baseball? Rest people when they are on a roll the weekend before conference tournament starts? Unless someone is having a nagging injury, I assume they will be all hands on deck trying to keep things rolling how they are.

We will be lucky to escape 2-4 the way we are playing.
I got my hopes up too high early on, when we were "sweeping" our way through the early conference season. Then the wheels fell off and it made me want to go away for a while. Now I'm hoping we can play up to the competition, and that HCDE has them properly motivated to finish strong.

Does that really happen in baseball? Rest people when they are on a roll the weekend before conference tournament starts? Unless someone is having a nagging injury, I assume they will be all hands on deck trying to keep things rolling how they are.

Don't know if you caught Sipple on 1620 this am, but Damon asked him what questions he had for Erstad? Sipple's last question was "Do you think the team over-achieved this season?" Made me think of all your post's pre-season. If I recall properly, all your posts said this was going to be a transition year, with your expectations for this year quite limited. I am not trying to put words in your mouth, but it appears the team got off to a good start and really created some inflated prospects for this season.

I know we have some experienced guys under performing, but I didn't expect the first year guys to maintain their early results over the entire season once teams got the chance to scout them. I am going to go back and re-visit some early threads to see if I am recalling properly, but I am not in the sky is falling camp.

When you're hot, you keep rolling with your homies. They may not stretch a pitcher as long, but he's still getting the ball.

I got my hopes up too high early on, when we were "sweeping" our way through the early conference season. Then the wheels fell off and it made me want to go away for a while. Now I'm hoping we can play up to the competition, and that HCDE has them properly motivated to finish strong.
I think ability to motivate may be one of my bigger frustrations with DE.

Don't know if you caught Sipple on 1620 this am, but Damon asked him what questions he had for Erstad? Sipple's last question was "Do you think the team over-achieved this season?" Made me think of all your post's pre-season. If I recall properly, all your posts said this was going to be a transition year, with your expectations for this year quite limited. I am not trying to put words in your mouth, but it appears the team got off to a good start and really created some inflated prospects for this season.

I know we have some experienced guys under performing, but I didn't expect the first year guys to maintain their early results over the entire season once teams got the chance to scout them. I am going to go back and re-visit some early threads to see if I am recalling properly, but I am not in the sky is falling camp.
I think I was actually in the camp we were going to have a really good year. But I stated we were young, so it was a little more “blind faith” based on us bringing in Palensky, Schwellenbach, Gomes, Blessie, etc.

However, when you have senior starters step up the way they did at pitcher, it needed to be capitalized on. With that said, you lost Schreiber and Wilkening so that’s tough when you lose 2 guys like that. Great season for senior pitching, disappointing for senior hitting.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back