• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michigan looking for a new coach (position filled)

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Is there anyone on Michigan's staff in position to just take the reigns?

Last edited:
So... Tyronn Lue to Larry Drew to John Beilein. Things keep coming up Nebrasketball... way to get fired Tyronn!

What could ever make a 66 year old man decide baby sitting a bunch of entitled idiots, who have no interest in being coached, is a good idea?

I guess money does talk.

While I am with you it did say that he didn't like the 'recruiting' part of college ball, and the one and done stuff.

What could ever make a 66 year old man decide baby sitting a bunch of entitled idiots, who have no interest in being coached, is a good idea?

I guess money does talk.

Maybe it's the money. Maybe it's the challenge, as he never played pro ball, and never coached at that level either. But I'm with you in being generally perplexed. Cleveland isn't good and won't be anytime soon. For that matter, the Eastern Conference has gotten better in the past couple of seasons, making it even more difficult to succeed in Cleveland. And if he fails in the NBA, would he really be able to return to college hoops with a job at the same level as he had at Michigan? Highly unlikely.

Just browsing some online reactions ... Michigan fans are in shock.

I truly believe that Beilein is the best basketball coach in the Big 10. Yes, even better than Tom Izzo. No way Michigan finds a coach as good as Beilein.

66 years old, signed a 5 year contract, worse case he goes two years and gets canned. 68 yrs old, multimillion payout and he can ride off into the sunset at least giving the highest level of bball a shot, looking back with no regrets and a pocket full of money. Not to hard to understand why he is doing it.

What could ever make a 66 year old man decide baby sitting a bunch of entitled idiots, who have no interest in being coached, is a good idea?.
When I am at the gym midday, they have TVs on ESPN and a lot of those shows are full of the drama with NBA players. At home, I watch the NHL channel a lot and none of the programming is about player drama. Being an NBA coach would be humiliating.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back