• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michael Gray

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Be Yourself - Everyone Else Is Already Taken
10 Year Member
Of Shazam back in the mid 70's. I ran into this gentleman purely by chance the other day. Someone nearby had a Shazam shirt on and recognized him and started a conversation. We talked about a few things for about 10 - 15 minutes and he was a really genuine, nice guy, very humble. I didn't really believe it was the actor at first, but looking him up on line later confirmed it. That was pretty cool. I finally shook his hand and his girlfriends hand and then they went on to lunch. That was a fun little bit. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0336829/

I just looked at your link. I find it hard to believe that that show was only made for 1 year (1974). It sure feels like I watched it 2-3 years on Saturday morning. Along withe the Isis show.

I just looked at your link. I find it hard to believe that that show was only made for 1 year (1974). It sure feels like I watched it 2-3 years on Saturday morning. Along withe the Isis show.
That bio at the top of the page only shows the year the series started. scroll down to the filmography section and it will show the series ran from 74-76

Last edited:
This whole Shazam thing bothers me. When I read the comic books, Shazam *Solomon, Herculeus, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury) was the word the newsboy Billy Batson said to turn himself into Captain Marvel. One spin off was Mary Marvel, Billy Batson's twin sister, though I don't recall what magic word she used to turn into Mary Marvel..

Captain Marvel was bigger, bette,r stronger, etc. than Superman, in my eyes at least. Apparently in others since I think it went out of existence because the makers of Superman sued them for copyright infringement and won when its sales passed Superman's.

But Shazam? No such think in my childhood. It's a fraud.

This whole Shazam thing bothers me. When I read the comic books, Shazam *Solomon, Herculeus, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury) was the word the newsboy Billy Batson said to turn himself into Captain Marvel. One spin off was Mary Marvel, Billy Batson's twin sister, though I don't recall what magic word she used to turn into Mary Marvel..

Captain Marvel was bigger, bette,r stronger, etc. than Superman, in my eyes at least. Apparently in others since I think it went out of existence because the makers of Superman sued them for copyright infringement and won when its sales passed Superman's.

But Shazam? No such think in my childhood. It's a fraud.
This post is just sad. I made a post about a person I met, you go off on some whacked tangent about a made up "Super Hero". The person this thread is about, isn't a fraud, he's a genuine person, and further more, he was quite the nice guy.

No such "think" in your childhood, pish posh.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back