• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michael Bradley pursued by Inter Milan, AS Roma: Update: Palermo & Naploi

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Remember he only made the USMNT because of his Dad....;):nod::eek::lol:

All joking aside his sucess, and if he makes this move, is only a good thing for American players if they choose to play in Europe...as it opens doors in Italy...a very technical and defensive minded league...

A source told MLSSoccer.com that Inter is making the “hardest pushâ€￾ for Bradley and will offer Chievo a sum in the “high seven figuresâ€￾ for his rights. Bradley also is being pursued by American-owned AS Roma, according to other reports.

Bradley has earned rave reviews for his solid performances at the heart of the Chievo midfield this season. He has helped the modest club to a 11-13-13 record and 12th place in Serie A with one game remaining. The Flying Donkeys host Lecce in the Sunday’s finale.

If Bradley’s deal with Chievo is for two years, as has been reported, the club might opt to cash in on the 24-year-old this summer rather than risk losing him as a free agent following the 2012-13 season.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/...-pursued-by-inter-milan-as-roma#ixzz1vef6UYji

Last edited:

Michael Bradley, Chievo Verona: Bradley had a banner season with the Serie A club, earning a career-best 34 league appearances after departing the Bundesliga and Borussia Monchengladbach last summer. His midfield presence played a big role in Chievo finishing in 10th place – the team’s best ranking since it rejoined the top flight in 2008-09. The 24-year-old midfielder was dubbed “General Bradley” during the season as the media and fan base showed its appreciation for Bradley’s work rate, composure and tactical awareness. After beginning the first two games as a reserve, Bradley snatched a regular starting role that he wouldn’t relinquish

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2012/05/US-MNT-Players-Raising-the-Bar-Abroad.aspx

Last edited:
Great story on him....really worth a read:

“What a player!” read the breathless verdict of Gazzetta dello Sport’s Mirko Graziano the following day. “He both destroys play and constructs it.” Simone Antolini, of the Verona-based Arena, could have told you that months ago. “Captain America does not want to wake up: his Italian dream continues,” he wrote on Monday. “More and more he looks like a key component of the Chievo midfield.”

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog...chael-bradley-became-chievos-captain-america/

Last edited:
Roma is also interested in Dempsey although the hot rumor has him either going to Arsenal or Liverpool.....

Have a friend who is connected to Aresnal and he thinks they are going to go after Clint hard....they just missed signing him last summer....

For Bradley, I just hope he goes to a competitive team that will actually play him, and leave him as a permanent starter (assuming he deserves the role). I don't want to see him end up like Gooch where he goes to this mega-team, and then never plays.

Would be pretty cool to see Dempsey play for either Arsenal or Liverpool. For some reason, I see him as a better fit for Liverpool, but that just could be me.

Gooch was a very different deal....he went on a free and the coach never wanted him (much like Bradley's loan to Aston Villa)....and then he had that devistating knee injury before he could even get established...which pretty much finished him at Milan....

In this case we are talking a high transfer fee for a guy who has already proved himself and then some in the league (key for an American in Italy)....and Milan is in desperate need of a player of his caliber at the position he plays....

Roma and Milan are both Champions League level teams...so more then competitive....

I actually think Clint would be better off at Aresnal...fits his style better and Wenger would play him week in and week out....Liverpool is a mess right now and has that squad mentality as far as bringing in players goes....plus Clint has said his wife likes London....

For Bradley, I just hope he goes to a competitive team that will actually play him, and leave him as a permanent starter (assuming he deserves the role). I don't want to see him end up like Gooch where he goes to this mega-team, and then never plays.

Would be pretty cool to see Dempsey play for either Arsenal or Liverpool. For some reason, I see him as a better fit for Liverpool, but that just could be me.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back