• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Miami Announces Starting QB

I saw this as well and was laughing. The dude ran away from the competition at OSU thinking he was going to get the gig in Miami. I wonder if he is regretting his decision. So glad that we never offered him when he was asking for one.

Quarterback Tate Martell was still playing for Ohio State when speculation began after the regular season that Georgia's Justin Fields could transfer to play for the Buckeyes. Martell, who famously said as a recruit in a direct message that was later leaked that he could start for Texas A&M because then-A&M quarterback Nick Starkel was "ass, my dude", tweeted sort of cryptically (but sort of not), "word of advice: don't swing and miss ... especially not your second time." When someone replied, "Is this a message to Fields?" Martell liked the tweet, before later deleting his original.

Oh the irony, of course Tate could be the starter at some point, but this one is just set up too perfect. Anyone do social media follow Tate? could be fun to watch.

Last edited:

I thought the same thing. He along with his dad came across as scumbags on that show
I agree, at first I tried to temper my stereotype of a 40-year-old dude who rocks a soul patch in 2017, but he fulfilled it. Seemed pretty smug. Tate seems to have a pretty strong sense of entitlement. Fromm seemed more like a very competitive kid who is still down to earth and humble. Fishing and shooting guns, coaching up his brothers, etc.

Much respect for Manny, I would assume there might be some pressure to start the kid, apparently he is not all that and a bag of chips. Good luck Tate on your next team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back