• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Metropolitan Opera Free Streaming Nightly

Prairie Sage

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
A few years back I decided to try and understand why people go to and listen to opera. After all, it's only been around since 1600. I found out that for a couple of centuries it was the leading form of entertainment in Italy. Also, if you grew up when I did, many cartoons, movies, etc. have operatic themes and music, not just What's Opera Doc. Also, found out that the quarterback of our high school Football team ended up as a principle with the Metropolitan Opera in the 80's and 90's. In high school he was the last person you would have ever thought would end up doing that.

Anyway, it's free, it's got subtitles, so check it out.

https://www.metopera.org/user-information/nightly-met-opera-streams/

JMPO but Opera is the worst of the worst. I could no longer sit through a show of that stuff than I could sit through a Beth Mowins announced game. Nails on a chalkboard. Hell, I'd rather listen to hardcore 90's gangsta rap with all of their hatred towards women and every other subject they could come up with. I'm glad you like it, but I'll have to take a hard pass on it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back